Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDD Activity LED Question  (Read 104 times)

oldbiker13Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
HDD Activity LED Question
« on: 08-November-18, 01:34:26 »

Hi, I recently bought a used MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition motherboard and have noticed the HDD activity LED is always on. It comes on as soon as the PC is switched on with no flickering whether there is HDD activity or not. It's even on whilst I'm in the BIOS screen. This evening I disconnected all drives and it still remains on! 

It's definitely connected to the correct pins and polarity on the motherboard and I've tried other LED's with no change.

Any ideas what may be causing this? It's not a big deal I know but it's bugging me as to why it's doing it. 

Thanks in advance :)

plutomate

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
« Reply #1 on: 08-November-18, 03:18:20 »

could be just a broken pin or BIOS problem, either way, I'd say the easier way for this is just by disconnecting HDD LED pin from MB :hiha:

oldbiker13Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 08-November-18, 13:23:50 »

Yes, disconnecting the LED would no doubt cure the always on problem, but maybe not so effective for curing the lack of HDD activity notification :undecided:

Don't think it could be a broken pin as it does light up and BIOS has been recently updated.

Just wondered if anyone else had come across this issue?

dwayneof

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #3 on: 09-November-18, 00:43:00 »

Is it possible the power and hdd connectors got mixed up ? I found this link in the manual for that mb..
Just a thought.

oldbiker13Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 11-November-18, 14:32:13 »

Thanks for the link but that was one of the first things I tried. I also have a spare block connector for the front panel so it's impossible to get the connections wrong.

Guess it must be a motherboard fault to blame :cry:
Pages: [1]   Go Up