Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possibly upgrading? Lag.  (Read 131 times)

game_freak11956Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Possibly upgrading? Lag.
« on: 08-November-18, 22:42:04 »

Okay, I'm not 100% where to post this, and I apologize if this is the wrong page. But I currently have a GT70 2PC Dominator. It's supposed to be a great laptop, from what I can see. But there are certain games I can't seem to run properly. Rust and GTAV. Even at the lowest settings, I seem to get lag. I especially get lag with the geforce experience recommendations. What could be causing this problem? I acquired this laptop about 3 years ago, could it just be obsolete? Maybe I need to update something. I literally just got a graphics card update through geforce. I was also wondering what components I could upgrade that aren't soldered. Thank you.

ARMOR_152

• SERGEANT
« Reply #1 on: 06-December-18, 15:33:47 »

First make sure you aren't close to maxing out your Ram when gaming. I don't use the GeForce experience settings, just the games settings itself. The only thing you can upgrade in a laptop is the ram and hard drive.   I'd start with vacuuming it out to just make sure it's not super dusty and overheating, maybe prop it up some to get better airflow when gaming.  Then do your basic matienence of a disk cleanup and defrag, and uninstall any background programs you're not using.  That should help some, otherwise it might be upgrade time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up