Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P65 Thunderbolt not working  (Read 784 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

eugenedegraveTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
P65 Thunderbolt not working
« on: 03-December-18, 12:16:00 »

On my MSI P65 Creator I can't seem to get Thunderbolt working. Had a clean install of Win 10 Pro, installed all the drivers from MSI but no go. The drivers for Thunderbolt on the MSI download page only list a .inf file. It seems to install but I'm not sure how to check. CalDigit TS3 plus is only working for the display out. Normal USB ports are not being seen by the laptop. Connecting a Nekteck 480GB Thunderbolt 3 drive directly to the TB3 port on the P65 does not work either. It's just not picked up at all.

Any clues how to solve this?

dtorroija

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: P65 Thunderbolt not working
« Reply #1 on: 13-December-18, 10:27:11 »

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

FreedomBuilders

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 22-December-18, 08:25:28 »

I can only assume mine wont work correctly too. Right now, I am having an issue with the fingerprint reader. I had sought to check my Thunderbolt too, but haven't any peripherals to check it with at the moment. My immediate observation 'latest' drivers may not be the best drivers (based on my 'fresh install') I couldn't even get the Thunderbolt app to show up. By the time MSI gets around to fixing it. Microsoft would have rolled out new bugs... I mean features and MSI will abandon their support for their next 'project' Hence the end-user is forever stuck in the forced beta tester mode

wysiwyg

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #3 on: 03-March-19, 08:23:38 »

Hello !

Same problem for me.
I plugged the P65 in my dell TB16 thunderbold dock:  video is ok (via display port of the dock), but nothing else:  USB, ethernet, audio are not even showing up in the device manager??

How to solve this ?

oktnight

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
« Reply #4 on: 08-March-19, 00:41:49 »

there is a window to solve your problem, please find the web page here:  https://register.msi.com/service
==============================
day dreamer - night worker
born from classic music - keen to pop and creative rhythm
play games in life - life is filled with kinds of games
And, that\'s who I am
Marked as best answer by eugenedegrave on 11-May-19, 05:12:02

z.zawhtet.a

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #5 on: 31-March-19, 05:57:03 »

You need to install Intel Thunderbolt Control Center from the Microsoft Store. But first make sure you have installed the thunderbolt controller drivers from P65 support page. I have a working P65 white edition and Cal Digit TB3 dock setup.

yeowchian

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #6 on: 12-April-19, 01:53:48 »

I just got mine working.
First, I boot up with my thunderbolt 3 external hard drive. Install thunderbolt driver from MSI Dragon Center. Reboot, check device manager. Update thunderbolt driver through properties. Then download and install Thunderbolt control center from Microsoft store. Good luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up