Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions about Monitor Optix MAG24C  (Read 179 times)

manhductran2000Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Questions about Monitor Optix MAG24C
« on: 04-December-18, 14:25:54 »

Hi,
I bought MSI Optix MAG24C about 2 weeks ago  on this website : https://www.otto.de/p/msi-optix-mag24c-3061-full-hd-monitor-curved-60cm-23-6-displays-681003229/#variationId=681003230.
At the beginning everything seems to work properly, but after 2 weeks I realize some problems: 
Somehow the screen keeps flickering, not constantly but about every 1 minute. The whole screen does not get black, but it's like line-flicker, that somewhere on the screen the will be a line, this line flicks for 0,5s and then disappears, this happens for me again and again. Another problem when I play FPS games or when i watch movie, sometimes the screen goes black for no reason for 2 seconds, and then normal again. And I bought this screen because it has 144Hz, but when I go to setting the max. Frame rate is only 120Hz. 
I'm using MSI GP73 Leopard 8RE. I also use the HDMI cable which comes with the monitor.
Does someone have the same problems and maybe know how to solve them ? Please help.
Thanks.

b9009b

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #1 on: 04-December-18, 20:26:48 »

The reason you cannot hit 144fps or 144hz is because HDMI does not support that refresh rate nor does it support 120hz. That is most likely the cause of all issues. Get a Displayport cable and hook it up to the GPU that way and make sure the monitor and the display settings in windows is set to 144hz and watch if fly.

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #2 on: 04-December-18, 21:30:42 »

yes you are right that the problem why i cannot get to 144hz is definitely because i didnt use DP. But i dont think that the screen keeps flickering is because of the HDMI cable.

Yang

• AIO Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 06-December-18, 02:44:20 »

For flickering,
Please setting some itmes to OFF for checking first.
DCR / FreeSync / Response time

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #4 on: 06-December-18, 03:30:38 »

For flickering, Please setting some itmes to OFF for checking first. DCR / FreeSync / Response time
FreeSync has always been off since I'm using NVIDIA Graphic Card. The others 2 i didn't turn those on either. I have ordered a new DP, lets see wether it would fix the problems.

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #5 on: 06-December-18, 18:30:02 »

I bought a new DP, all problems are solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up