Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI GS73VR STEALTH PRO-060 fan not working  (Read 177 times)

geomilan1957Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
MSI GS73VR STEALTH PRO-060 fan not working
« on: 21-December-18, 12:35:35 »

After updating my ram from 16 to 32 I reassemble lap top and had problem with double fan on the one side is not working, however the single fan on the other side is working fine. 
I have gone over the whole process and can not find what I connected wrong or if there is some thing else that I can check.  If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

freeyh

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
Re: MSI GS73VR STEALTH PRO-060 fan not working
« Reply #1 on: 11-January-19, 01:29:00 »

Have you checked the fan cable? Was it connected or loosen?

If you only updated ram, the probability to impact on the fan cable is low. Make sure you didn't make any change except updating the RAM from 16GB to 32GB.

Otherwise, you'll need to send the laptop to MSI service for further check.

pennknig

• CAPTAIN
Re: MSI GS73VR STEALTH PRO-060 fan not working
« Reply #2 on: 12-January-19, 16:16:06 »

After updating my ram from 16 to 32 I reassemble lap top and had problem with double fan on the one side is not working, however the single fan on the other side is working fine.
I have gone over the whole process and can not find what I connected wrong or if there is some thing else that I can check.  If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
The fan can be tested in place.
2 Routes, check to see if the fans are receiving power, or put power to the fans and see if they spin up.
As you cant unplug them when applying external power to the fans without a board flip, you have to check if they are getting power.
You must have volt meter, with really fine, sharp points on the test probes.
Each fans has 4 leads, Red, Blue, Black, Yellow.
Red/Black power.
Blue/Yellow speed sensor.

From the fan side its hit or miss to test this, its a process of elimination as I dont have the fans build schematic.
You can try to scrape off a bit of coating on the wires to reveal the color underneath as well.

Set voltmeter to 10V DC, or Auto DC.
Reverse polarity displayed on DC readings does not matter, a negative reading is good, just reverse the test probes.
Inserting the plugs in revers to the MB will cause the fans to not work, You will have power but the fans wont be spinning, correct the plug polarity alignment.
No reading on any of the fans is a problem, not with the fans but with the motherboard, as there will always be a bit of voltage at idle to keep the fans spinning.
Oh ya, your doing this with the PC running.
Pages: [1]   Go Up