Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need assistance informing MSI parts guy from RMA  (Read 213 times)

feVATopic starter

• PRIVATE E-1
Need assistance informing MSI parts guy from RMA
« on: 27-December-18, 18:52:46 »

Hello, I do not know if this is the correct place to post this but I wanted to see if somebody at MSI can do something to help me out on my RMA in retrieving or receiving 3 parts so I can finally finish my first custom PC without this ridiculous headache.

I sent in my RMA which is #RRD18062508 due to massive blue screen, black screen with and without sound, and a fuzzy static-like thing with no sound crashes and sometimes USB blue screen crashes when I plugged in an ipod device and received (what I think is) a new motherboard once I sent in the defective board. It was a B350M Gaming Pro https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B350M-GAMING-PRO.html which I bought in Aug of this year.

They sent me what seems to be a brand new board, however, it came without the essential CPU bracket backplate and its screws to install my Ryzen 5 with the stock cooler. When I sent my board I had no idea that I was not suppose to send those parts which they called "components" and I called the RMA support number. Again, this is my first custom PC and this includes my first time ever doing an RMA which unfortunately I received a defective motherboard what luck.

The first guy was going to help me inform the RMA people and was going to order the part depending on how it went and I told him I would call back yesterday, however, my errand was past closing time so I could not call back. My fault also for not getting his name as I called today and another RMA tells me an entirely different way of how they do things and proceeded to offer to give me the MSI parts guy, a Tom H in which I sent an email. The first guy I spoke to never sent me an email...

I am not interested in playing these games so I am posting this in order for an MSI person who can actually do something do something so I can receive those 3 component parts so I can use my new custom PC already. I've also sent in 2 ticket numbers which were TS122218045189 (this one was a mistake as I thought the CPU bracket backplate was called an I/O Shield) and TS122218045194. Of course just like with the RMA I never received an email and from what I read this isn't a new thing especially when I read articles like so https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/msi-tech-support

Can anybody from MSI help fix my issue? Or am I screwed? All I want is the damn parts, get it from my motherboard I sent in or send me a new one...

pandaz

• CAPTAIN
Re: Need assistance informing MSI parts guy from RMA
« Reply #1 on: 28-December-18, 00:21:13 »

Did you try to call again MSI local support to help you ?    maybe another person in their office could help you out?

feVATopic starter

• PRIVATE E-1
« Reply #2 on: 28-December-18, 01:08:22 »

MSI local support? As in their 627 telephone number? I did, I wrote that above in my first post I called them one from the day before and yesterday and the second guy answered who gave me an entirely different story of how they do things despite what I was told by first guy the previous day who was going to order the part for me and was going to send me an email but I have yet to receive this mysterious email.

I asked the 2nd guy if I could just get another customer support guy and basically he didn't want to do that as he pretty much ignored my question telling me to send this Tom H guy an email who works for their department dealing with MSI parts. The email given is tomh@msi.com

Does MSI support people even read these forums? Let alone pay it any attention?

I am not going to buy the CPU backplate when I already did that when I bought that first motherboard. I still have yet to receive a email from anybody from MSI. The only thing I've received concerning anything MSI is this email letting me know somebody replied to my post. Which is great but also ridiculous that nobody at MSI has sent me an email.

Leonard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 03-January-19, 20:49:06 »

Check PM

feVATopic starter

• PRIVATE E-1
« Reply #4 on: 04-January-19, 17:32:02 »

@Leonard
I have no idea how to reply to the PM as there wasn't a reply button from what I could see. But anyways, thanks for at least replying to my post trying to help me but the issue has been resolved. Not sure why my post was placed here but whatever.

MSI sent me the parts I needed arriving last Saturday and been using my first custom PC with no issues and I hope it stays this way for a long time. I still have yet to receive any email besides from MSI forums.

Not sure how to re-edit the first post to resolved.

Leonard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 08-January-19, 04:50:55 »

do you mean to say that this issue is now resolved?
Pages: [1]   Go Up