Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extremely disappointing customer service  (Read 177 times)

martyzTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-1

I bought my son a MAG271C monitor from newegg.com on 11/20/2018. As part of the pre Black Friday offer MSI was running a $30 rebate, but it was only good if purchased between 11/20 and 11/26, and sent in buy 12/21/2018. Keep in mind, this is black friday sale, so anything bought at this point will be a christmas or new years gift. So I sent in for the rebate, which included removing the UPC from the box. Needless to say, my son opened his new years gift, brand new monitor for his gaming PC, and once we turn it on there is a big 2 inch crack in the screen. I called newegg and they can't replace it because the UPC is missing, the UPC I sent in to MSI for their very short lived rebate offer. I call MSI and I need to send it in for repair, brand new monitor, need to send it in for repair, they won't send me a new one, and I need to pay the shipping, which is $63. I need to pay $63 to REPAIR a brand new monitor that I paid $210 for just because of their stupid, badly scheduled, rebate offer that rendered it impossible for me to get a replacement from the retailer, because MSI requires the UPC on the box from the retailer!

I can't understand what went through the marketing teams heads when they thought of this rebate offer during a time of year when just about no one will open the box prior to 12/25. When everyone else is expending their return policies for the holiday season MSI creates a 6 day rebate which needs to be sent in prior to Christmas, and requires the actual UPC code, and not a picture of it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up