Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GT75 Titan 8RG LAN connection clamped at 100Mbits  (Read 141 times)

xstefTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
GT75 Titan 8RG LAN connection clamped at 100Mbits
« on: 07-January-19, 13:43:28 »

Hello,

I bought in December the laptop GT75 Titan 8RF-047FR and from the beginning my LAN connection is clamped to 100Mbits instead of operating at 1G.

I made the Windows updates, updated the drivers of the Aquantia Aqtion card in versions 2.1.12 and 2.1.16 but the problem remains.

I also changed the ethernet cable and tried other ports on my ISP router. I still have a sloppy connection while my other computers have a connection to 1G without any particular setting.

I forced the link speed to 1G but that does not change anything. Moreover with the Aquantia 2.1.12 and 2.1.16 drivers the connection fails completely if I force to 1G. I have to leave in Auto to connect but still at only 100Mbits max.
With the drivers available from MSI version 2.1.5.0, I can connect by forcing the link speed to 1G but the connection is always at 100Mbits max.

Do other users have this problem?
What is your connection speed in LAN?
Can you help me solve this problem because it's a big problem for me to have a slanted connection and on a gaming laptop it's a shame!

Thank you in advance.

pennknig

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
Re: GT75 Titan 8RG LAN connection clamped at 100Mbits
« Reply #1 on: 07-January-19, 17:36:49 »

Yur worried about a graph that scales itself to the window size and max dl/up speed.
Do a speed test, are you getting the speeds that your service provider is supposed to be providing?!
My stock, updated setting are fine, bot h WiFi and LAN.

xstefTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 09-January-19, 01:47:20 »

Hello
My Lan speed connection is not what my Fai provides me. The speed is clamped at 100Mits max instead of 1G. No problem with my other computer: Dl speed is 900Mbits and Up is 400Mbits.
On MSI laptop: Dl speed is 95Mbits and Up is 94Mbits.

pennknig

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #3 on: 10-January-19, 02:24:15 »

Hello
My Lan speed connection is not what my Fai provides me. The speed is clamped at 100Mits max instead of 1G. No problem with my other computer: Dl speed is 900Mbits and Up is 400Mbits.
On MSI laptop: Dl speed is 95Mbits and Up is 94Mbits.
Please provide me a link to your service providers website.
I want to check on their pricing compared to what I'm paying.

xstefTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 12-January-19, 12:12:34 »

My problem is solved.
It was a problem with the FAI router which was not new and efficient enough. All LAN ports on the router worked well in 1G (tested) but the model of the router was not recent enough, it created a problem of compatibility or recognition of my network card.
Today, my FAI provided me a newer model of router, also with 1G ports and, miracle, the connection was immediately established at 1G on the laptop.
My FAI is in France and it's a fiber connection, so that's why the speed is very good.

xstefTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #5 on: 12-January-19, 13:29:01 »

My previous router was Sagem Livebox3 and the newer is Sercomm Livebox4, both with 1G ethernet ports.

pennknig

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #6 on: 13-January-19, 17:38:04 »

My problem is solved.
It was a problem with the FAI router which was not new and efficient enough. All LAN ports on the router worked well in 1G (tested) but the model of the router was not recent enough, it created a problem of compatibility or recognition of my network card.
Today, my FAI provided me a newer model of router, also with 1G ports and, miracle, the connection was immediately established at 1G on the laptop.
My FAI is in France and it's a fiber connection, so that's why the speed is very good.
Like I said ... "Yur worried about a graph that scales itself to the window size and max dl/up speed"
Wasn't the notebook, it was other hardware.
And I bet you were gong to take it back as a defective item...
Benchtest .... Hook up to a different LAN/WiFi and see if the issue replicates.
Pages: [1]   Go Up