Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with MSI Optix MAG27CQ  (Read 206 times)

daniel.peter.lysienTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Problems with MSI Optix MAG27CQ
« on: 08-January-19, 08:04:03 »

I own the monitor for about a month now and from the beginning I was not very happy for the price I paid. It was previously used with a Nvidia GTX 1060.
Already at that time there were the following problems:
- Response settings from "Normal to Fast to Extreme" have absolutely no effect on the picture except to darken it unnecessarily.
- DNR option also doesn't have any advantages (except to darken the screen mercilessly).
- The power supply causes a annoying buzzing in standby mode.

Of course I wanted to enjoy the Freesync as well. All previously mentioned problems remained with my new Vega 64.
- But I had to realize with horror that Freesync on this monitor is accompanied by terrible flickering. The only thing that prevents that is to set the FPS to a fixed low value so that no FPS fluctuations occur.
- Additionally, a monitor color shift in the curvature area can be seen when the monitor is started in cold condition. This disappears after 10 minutes.

I'm thinking about returning the monitor to my salesman because the product description does not correspond to reality.
Will MSI possibly provide a firmware update in the course of time

Yang

• AIO Moderator
Re: Problems with MSI Optix MAG27CQ
« Reply #1 on: 08-January-19, 19:21:23 »

For firmware update: It is need special hardware fixture so please contact MSI RMA for the warranty service.
Pages: [1]   Go Up