Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LCDKeeper.exe constantly crashes  (Read 3881 times)

southernrexTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
LCDKeeper.exe constantly crashes
« on: 07-February-18, 03:18:53 »

Hello, I just purchased an MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC. LCDKeeper.exe is constantly crashing, which prevents my RGB connected strips/fans from doing their music behavior ("Jazz.") On wake up from sleep, and also just randomly in the middle of the day, when the computer isn't even doing anything. I'm using MSI MysticLight v2.0.0.39. This is extremely frustrating, because I have to physically restart the computer every time this happens just to make my expensive RGB set up work with your motherboard. On computer start up, MysticLight also prevents Corsair's CorsairLINK 4 software from setting its own settings for my RAM. I have tried disabling the RAM in MysticLight, and it doesn't make any difference on or off. No matter what, every boot, the RAM goes to MysticLight's settings that I don't want instead of CorsairLINK 4's.

southernrexTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: LCDKeeper.exe constantly crashes
« Reply #1 on: 08-February-18, 12:43:18 »

skywalker_yd

• MAJOR
« Reply #2 on: 08-February-18, 23:06:15 »

southernrexTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #3 on: 10-February-18, 06:19:35 »

There's Mystic light v.2.0.0.42: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z370-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-AC#down-driver&Win10%2064
Please give it a try.

Thank you for the reply. I gave it a try, and no improvements. It still constantly crashes. This is extremely upsetting. I can't even re-launch it manually I don't think, I have to completely restart the PC hardware. If I double click "LCDKeeper.exe" it doesn't allow my RGB to work at all. I have to restart and then everything works okay again for a few hours before crashing. :censored:!

skywalker_yd

• MAJOR
« Reply #4 on: 11-February-18, 20:38:30 »

Could you provide the log of Mystic Light under C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\MysticLight\Log\MysticLight.txt.
And provide error related to Mystic light in event viewer(error source would be .Net Runtime).

And which memory are you using? could you provide the photo of memory sticker like posting guide shows: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=38822.0
Which windows are you using? Windows 10 RS3 or any other operating system?

gebolur

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #5 on: 15-January-19, 20:22:45 »

I don't have crash problems, but I noticed that after installing MysticLight 3, the LEDKeeper.exe process is running permanently. So, is this really needed for disabling LEDs? Basically LEDs are controlled by this process running in background, there is no setting saved on any kind of on-board memory? That would be disappointing... Even my Logitech mouse has on-board memory and I don't have to keep any software opened nor process running in the background to keep my preset saved...

plutomate

• MAJOR GENERAL
« Reply #6 on: 15-January-19, 23:29:54 »

mystic light controls many things and the answer is yes...but that's not a big problem because it doesn't occupy a lot of cpu usage imo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up