Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Advanced search    

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How switch off my mobo  (Read 654 times)

mattiaTopic starter

• CORPORAL
How switch off my mobo
« on: 10-January-19, 08:37:50 »

Hello to all,
i have bought a msi ace z390 and i have a problem. If i switch off the mobo with the switch on mobo or with the switch on case the pc reamins partially on.
Hdd and case led are off but all fans (all connected to external regulator)  and also the video card's fan remains on. The status on mb's display is 00 and i have to press ON button on motherboard or on case to switch on the pc. It's seems as a suspend mode or somenthing like this. This behavior happens also in bios and without os installed.

How can i completely switch off my pc?

Thanks

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR
Re: How switch off my mobo
« Reply #1 on: 10-January-19, 17:06:48 »

Hello,
1/ Do a clear CMOS:
- Power off PSU, unplug the power cord and wait that all mobo's leds light off.
- Keep the "Clear CMOS" button on the back panel (the upper one) pressed during at least 20s.
- Plug the power cord and power on.
- You would see a question. Choose to enter in bios setup, press <F6>, confirm, set "SETTINGS \ Boot \ Boot Mode Select" = "UEFI", press <F10>, confirm. PC should restart.
=> Result?
2/ If previous did not resolve, enter again in bios setup and set "SETTINGS \ Advanced \ Power Management Setup \ ErP Ready" = "Enabled".
=> Result?
3/ Update to the last bios doing exactly that: (even if you have already this version, do!)
- Download >>Bios V1.20<<.
- Take an USB pen having no more than 16GB (physical size) with only one partition.
   Verify it with CHKDSK.
- Unzip it and copy the file "E7B12IMS.120" on the root of the USB pen.
- Boot and enter in Bios Setup. Press <F6>, confirm, press <F10> and confirm.
  Pc should restart.
- Enter again in Bios Setup.
- Plug the USB pen into one 2.0 port of the back panel (those next to the buttons).
- Click on M-Flash then select the file on the USB pen.
- M-Flash should start; be cautious to not abort it before the end (can last up to 5mn).
- Power on and enter again in Bios Setup and set "SETTINGS \ Boot \ Boot Mode Select" = "UEFI".
=> Result?
Hoping it shall help,
:hat tip:
MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium (Bios 1.61)  –  Windows 7-10 Pro x64 (1809)  –  i7-6850K + BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 + Corsair Vengeance LPX Series DDR4 3466MHz 4x16Go + MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G + SSD Samsung, 1x 850 PRO 512GB (SATA) [Boot+OS drive] & 1x 970 PRO 1TB (NVMe) + HD SATAIII Seagate Barracuda, 7x 1TB & 1x 3TB + LG BR R/W + BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W 80PLUS Platinum +  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900 + HyperX Alloy Elite keyboard + HyperX Pulsefire FPS mouse

mattiaTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #2 on: 11-January-19, 06:57:57 »

Thanks.
I have made all your suggestion exactly as described but no luck.
My pc reamins on debug code 00 and active.
I have noticed, when i tried activating ErP, about  a Deepsx policy but i don't find this settingson bios to adjust it manually.

Where can i find it?

What i have to do now?

Thanks

Edit: here the situation when i try to shutdown the pc
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lnZ6T6oGvhWxjQkre6puLMDBh-6EFhvt
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UpZRkGdHmJWzcch1a2w9Ivx_x4zs2MGx

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #3 on: 11-January-19, 08:27:46 »

Hello,
have noticed, when i tried activating ErP, about  a Deepsx policy but i don't find this settingson bios to adjust it manually.
:confused2: Sorry, I do not understand! :confused2: 

1/ When you have done the clear CMOS, have you seen the message "load default values or enter in bios" during the next start? If yes, have you done: "choose to enter in bios setup, press <F6>, confirm, set "SETTINGS \ Boot \ Boot Mode Select" = "UEFI", press <F10>, confirm".
2/ Disable Windows 10 Fast Startup:
- Enter in "Control Panel \ Power Options".
- Click "Choose what the power buttons do", then "Change settings that are currently unavailables".
- Search for "Turn on fast startup (recommended)" entry.
  . If you have it, uncheck.
  . If you have not,
    . enter in "Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options".
    . set "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart" at "Off".
- Restart then shutdown
=> Result?
3/ Enter in bios setup and set "SETTINGS \ Advanced \ Windows OS Configuration \ Windows 10 WHQL Support" = "Enabled". Restart then shutdown.
=> Result?
3/ Unconnect all external cables of the pc (including monitor, power cord, keyboard...). Unplug the battery cell. Wait at least 1h. Replug and reconnect. Start then shutdown.
=> Result?
Have a good day,
MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium (Bios 1.61)  –  Windows 7-10 Pro x64 (1809)  –  i7-6850K + BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 + Corsair Vengeance LPX Series DDR4 3466MHz 4x16Go + MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G + SSD Samsung, 1x 850 PRO 512GB (SATA) [Boot+OS drive] & 1x 970 PRO 1TB (NVMe) + HD SATAIII Seagate Barracuda, 7x 1TB & 1x 3TB + LG BR R/W + BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W 80PLUS Platinum +  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900 + HyperX Alloy Elite keyboard + HyperX Pulsefire FPS mouse

mattiaTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #4 on: 11-January-19, 09:08:21 »

i mean i dont' find the option to set "deepsx power policies" where can i find it?

1) yes,
2) done but is the same. The problem still persist into bios settings
3) It's the same. Yesterday i have installed windows with this settings enabled
4) done this morning. I have plugged all out and pulled out the battery for long time. Next the cmos was restored to factory default but the problem still persist

I think i have no access to some bios settings such as "deepsx power policies".

An important element is that: if i push the button of power off when i'm INSIDE bios the problem still persist.

Also i have tried to downgrade the bios to 1.10 but it's the same.

:nooo: :nooo:

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #5 on: 11-January-19, 11:18:53 »

Hello,
i mean i dont' find the option to set "deepsx power policies" where can i find it?
It is not another option in bios setup. When you have enabled "SETTINGS \ Advanced \ Power Management Setup \ ErP Ready", it is only an advise that power consumption regulation (EuP 2013) is now active when the system is in S4 & S5 state.
1/ Enter in bios setup, do nothing then press on the power button => does the pc shutdown in that case?
2/ Enter again Windows 10 "Control Panel \ Power Options \ Choose what the power buttons do". If "Shutdown" is not already selected, select it. Restart. When in Windows 10, press on the power button => does the pc shutdown in that case?
3/ What is your PSU model? Are you using only cables furnished with it? What are the other external devices connected to the pc (full list, including keyboard model...)?
Have a good day,

mattiaTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #6 on: 11-January-19, 11:30:22 »

1) No. Not completely. Goes in the state showed in the image linked in previuous post
2) It's selected. Goes in the state showed in the image linked in previuous post
3) Corsair Rmx 850. Yes i use the cable of psu. Keyboard is corsair k70 LUX RGB, Mouse is logitech Mx Master 2S, monitor is LG LG 27UD59. i haven't attached other devices to test purpose. Internal i have 2 usb connector but without is the same. I have made test with only cpu, ram, gpu attached and it's the same in all cases.

Thanks for your support

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #7 on: 11-January-19, 12:00:24 »

3) Corsair Rmx 850. Yes i use the cable of psu. Keyboard is corsair k70 LUX RGB, Mouse is logitech Mx Master 2S, monitor is LG LG 27UD59. i haven't attached other devices to test purpose. Internal i have 2 usb connector but without is the same. I have made test with only cpu, ram, gpu attached and it's the same in all cases.
If the mobo is in the case, get it out (unconnect also all the case's cables) and place it on a nonconductive surface like a wooden table or the cardbox (not the antistatic bag) => Result?
:think:

mattiaTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #8 on: 11-January-19, 12:26:43 »

It's the same :(

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #9 on: 11-January-19, 17:42:04 »

It's the same :(
1/ Verify the pins of the mobo's ATX-PWR1 connector, especially PS-ON:

Same for the contacts and cables of the PSU's connector.
2/ If previous did not resolve, a try with another PSU should be usefull. Use only cables furnished with each PSU.
Good luck,

mattiaTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #10 on: 11-January-19, 18:34:44 »

I'll try another psu but a question about it: since i have only 400watt psu for testing and i cant attach to it my 1080ti (it not has 8+8 connectors), can i attach only cpu pwr1 and ATX-PWR1 and try if it shutdown from the on board button?

Also in image you can see my atx pwr1 cable. It's ok? 

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #11 on: 12-January-19, 03:34:40 »

Hello,
1/ Sorry, I cannot see your photo. To attach it, it must not be more than 600kB and it suffices to click on "Attachements..." below the post, then "browse...".
2/ What is your CPU model?
Have a good day,

mattiaTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #12 on: 12-January-19, 05:38:57 »

1) You can see it at full resolution here 
2) 8700k without oc, only xmp

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #13 on: 12-January-19, 07:34:24 »

8700k without oc, only xmp
:biggthumbsup:  This CPU has built'in GPU. Therefore, you can try with the other PSU removing the graphic card. Unplug it and connect the monitor directly to the mobo's port.
Good luck!

mattiaTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #14 on: 12-January-19, 07:45:56 »

Msi ACE not has the connection for use internal GPU of CPU....

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #15 on: 12-January-19, 07:48:55 »

:undecided:  Ok, try it without connecting display: perhaps the mobo shall fully start! If yes, wait 5mn after to have power on (see disk activity LED) then press on the power button. => Result? :scratchchin:

mattiaTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #16 on: 12-January-19, 11:57:07 »

Tried with another psu and connected only atx power and cpu power1. No other devices attached, only cpu in it. Cleared cmos with screwdriver and then connected the psu cable. When i switch on the psu, pc starts and i have configured the bios as uefi only. The result is the same.

I have made a video today (commented in italian for italian fb help group) and the link is https://youtu.be/hBD1-Utczhw

As you can see
1/ when switch on psu the system boot up in debug code 00 and remains in this state until...
2/ ...i press power button on case on or motherboard so boot session starts and windows is loaded
3/ when i shutdown pc with button (either on case or on motherboard) or from windows it returns in the state of point 1.

It's normal behavior???? I don't think!

I need rma?

Thanks

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #17 on: 12-January-19, 12:54:09 »

It's normal behavior???? I don't think!
Of course, no, it should power off!
Tried with another psu and connected only atx power and cpu power1. No other devices attached, only cpu in it. Cleared cmos with screwdriver and then connected the psu cable. When i switch on the psu, pc starts and i have configured the bios as uefi only. The result is the same.
The 400W PSU? You have only the CPU, RAM sticks and Windows 10 drive connected, have you? Is the graphic card unplugged? (I ask because it is not what is shown in your video)
What is the PSU model? Has it a good ATX connector (try to pull on wires but gently)?

mattiaTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #18 on: 12-January-19, 13:07:43 »

The 400 PSU, yes
Only CPU and RAM. No drive. Grapich card unplugged (400watt is not enough). The video is of this morning with all attached.
400Watt psu is a good NOT modular PSU (atng). 

The situation is always the same: if i attach psu to motherboards it starts and reamins on 00 state (00 is the hex code in debug code), then when i press the power on button, starts bios then windows and all is ok! definitely i can't completely shutdown all until i power off psu!

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #19 on: 12-January-19, 16:43:14 »

Hello,
Same problem with different bios versions and PSUs => the culprit seems to be the mobo. Unplug the CPU and verify the CPU-Socket for bent pins. Use a magnifying glass. You can also do good quality photos so that we can help you. Verify also the base of the CPU for inhomogeneous color.
Hoping it shall help,

mattiaTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #20 on: 13-January-19, 07:46:31 »

Tomorrow i'll have the replacement of this mobo so i'll check cpu but cpu is fully functional and stress test like prime95 for more 1hours has produced any type of problem.

How can i test motherboard on/off problem before i'll buld all? Can i attach only cpu power 1 and atx power to psu and start and stop it from internal start button?

Thanks

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #21 on: 13-January-19, 10:49:28 »

Hello,
What I suggested in my last post was only visual tests:
Unplug the CPU and verify the CPU-Socket for bent pins. Use a magnifying glass. You can also do good quality photos so that we can help you. Verify also the base of the CPU for inhomogeneous color.

How can i test motherboard on/off problem before i'll buld all? Can i attach only cpu power 1 and atx power to psu and start and stop it from internal start button?
With the new mobo,
- Plug only CPU+CPU-Fan, 1 RAM stick in DIMMA2, GPU in PCI_E1, PSU (connected CPU_PWR1, ATX_PWR1 and GPU's PWR inputs) and monitor.
- Do a clear CMOS.
- Press on the mobo's POWER1 button then wait bios setup display.
- Press again on the mobo's POWER1 button and verify that mobo and CPU-Fan power off.
Have a good day,

mattiaTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #22 on: 13-January-19, 17:19:33 »

ok. About clear cmos i have to

Do a clear CMOS:
- Keep the "Clear CMOS" button on the back panel (the upper one) pressed during at least 20s.
- Plug the power cord and power on.
- You would see a question. Choose to enter in bios setup, press <F6>, confirm, set "SETTINGS \ Boot \ Boot Mode Select" = "UEFI", press <F10>, confirm. PC should restart.
Right?

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #23 on: 13-January-19, 17:29:43 »

mattiaTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #24 on: 15-January-19, 18:14:07 »

Ok definitely the problem was the mobo. Today I have received the replacement and now all is ok. Probably the previous motherboard was defected, I don't know but with new one no problem at all. It switch off!! Thanks for support anyway.

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #25 on: 16-January-19, 01:40:03 »

Good news, happy for you! :pompom:
Have good day,
Pages: [1]   Go Up