Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GT 75 8RG Titan Ethernet Issue  (Read 314 times)

To What EndTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
GT 75 8RG Titan Ethernet Issue
« on: 10-January-19, 23:56:42 »

Anyone else have an issue with their ethernet? I have a strange issue where when connected to the ethernet port, the internet works with some sites but others don't work. I have done speed tests with it and it is showing proper speeds/connection. Yet certain apps just go into endless loading with it and I cannot game online with it as it does the same endless loading. I have updated the Aquantia drivers so it is running the most recent version. I have also tested the cable with other devices and they all work fine. Wireless works fine with no real issues (other than it being wireless and I would like to play games online with a wired connection).

freeyh

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
Re: GT 75 8RG Titan Ethernet Issue
« Reply #1 on: 11-January-19, 02:30:35 »

Can you share which version of the driver have you installed?

For some websites that didn't work, have you tried cross-validation on different browsers? Or this problems happen on all kind of browsers?

For cannot let game online and endless loading, make sure that there is no Windows Update running in the background.

pennknig

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #2 on: 11-January-19, 03:30:50 »

the internet works with some sites but others don't work.
I have done speed tests with it and it is showing proper speeds/connection.
certain apps just go into endless loading with it and I cannot game online with it as it does the same endless loading.
updated the Aquantia drivers
tested the cable with other devices and they all work fine.
Wireless works fine with no real issues
My GT75 works superbly both the LAN and WiFi.
I got rid of the Killer App ...... about 1 week into owning my GT75.
http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/gt75-titan-8rf-lan-connection-clamped-at-100mbits-need-help.826806/#post-10844123

To What EndTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #3 on: 11-January-19, 08:57:18 »

free103486 the driver is 2.1.5.0. I use Google Chrome and also tried Internet Explorer and Edge with the same results. Yep, no Windows updates were going on in the background last I tested. 

pennknig, were you having issues with Killer before you decided to get rid of it? I have read that others had issues with it as well. Might be something I need to look into.

pennknig

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #4 on: 11-January-19, 11:57:12 »

free103486 the driver is 2.1.5.0. I use Google Chrome and also tried Internet Explorer and Edge with the same results. Yep, no Windows updates were going on in the background last I tested.

pennknig, were you having issues with Killer before you decided to get rid of it? I have read that others had issues with it as well. Might be something I need to look into.
Get rid of it.
If thing improve ... OK!
If not you can reinstall it ... Its software NBD.
Read here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/gt75-titan-8rf-lan-connection-clamped-at-100mbits-need-help.826806/#post-10844123

"Yet certain apps just go into endless loading" .... Unclear statement. YouTube, Netflix, Windows Store?! ... Browser configuration, possibly ABP, BlockSite, no information is given and guessing is endless.

To What EndTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #5 on: 11-January-19, 13:12:37 »

As I said, certain sites wont load with ethernet and certain apps (like discord, Crave, Blizzard battle station) will not either. They just go into infinite loading. It also seems completely random with how some things work but others don't. An example would be Steam. I can download a game through Steam plugged in but then try playing the game in online multiplayer and it fails. I also tried turning wireless completely off in case it was interfering and that did not help. I tried turning ABP off and I checked all internet settings which seem to match my wireless, of which I have no issues. Wireless loads everything as it should.

I'm sorry I dont have any other information to give but it seems to be a unique situation and it has me completely stumped. I will try kicking Killer and see if that improves my situation.

pennknig

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #6 on: 11-January-19, 21:20:13 »

As I said, certain sites wont load with ethernet and certain apps (like discord, Crave, Blizzard battle station) will not either. They just go into infinite loading. It also seems completely random with how some things work but others don't. An example would be Steam. I can download a game through Steam plugged in but then try playing the game in online multiplayer and it fails. I also tried turning wireless completely off in case it was interfering and that did not help. I tried turning ABP off and I checked all internet settings which seem to match my wireless, of which I have no issues. Wireless loads everything as it should.

I'm sorry I dont have any other information to give but it seems to be a unique situation and it has me completely stumped. I will try kicking Killer and see if that improves my situation.
This is a browser issue? ... Possibly router? ... ISP is throttling or blocking?
Anything to indicate its hardware in the Device Manager? .... No exclamation marks?
Discord, Crave, Blizzard ran fine for me on my GT75.

killersupport

• Company Representative
  • Official Killer Networking Support
    • Killer Networking Official Website
« Reply #7 on: 31-January-19, 16:36:47 »

This is unlikely to be due to the Killer Control Center unless you are using an outdated version. I suggest first clean-installing using our clean install guide. If that doesn't resolve it for you, you may be experiencing this issue with Windows 10.  If you try those fixes and you still are unable to resolve the issue, please contact us directly at https://www.killernetworking.com/killersupport/contact and include a diagnostic.

-- Anthony with Killer Networking
For troubleshooting, see our Knowledge Base here - Killer Knowledge Base.

Killer has a subreddit! 

You can also Contact Killer Support Directly!

Pages: [1]   Go Up