Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC stopped working  (Read 271 times)

N-PRoTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC stopped working
« on: 11-January-19, 16:43:34 »

I built this PC six weeks ago and it has been working OK. Last night the PC was working but I decided to restart it because it had been on for a while. It shut down normally and seemed to restart, but the monitor was blank (as if it wasn’t getting any signal). So I pushed the on/off switch to restart it again and still nothing. I hooked my laptop up to the monitor to confirm there was nothing wrong with the monitor and it is working fine. I’ve started the PC several dozen times trying to figure out what is wrong with it. I’m running the BIOS pretty much out of the box (no OC). All the fans are running, the hard drives are running, the “Mystic Lights” on the mobo are on.

When I turn on the PC, the CPU EZ Debug LED comes on for about two seconds and then goes out. None of the other EZ Debug LEDs come on after that. When I turn off the power switch, all of the EZ Debug LEDs flash briefly and simultaneously.

Here is everything I’ve tried:
1. Swapped the video card from another PC
2. Moved the video card to another slot
3. Removed one of the memory modules (from DIMMB2)
4. Swapped the single memory module with the other module in DIMMA2
5. Disconnected all the hard drives
6. Removed the NVMe drives
7. Removed all the non-essential wires connected to the mobo (reset, HD light, etc)
8. Cleared the CMOS via the jumper

Does anyone have any ideas?

B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Ryzen 5 2600X
Team Group 2x8GB DDR4 2666 (from the QVL)
970 EVO (x2)
WD1003FZEX (x2)
EVGA GeForce 210
EVGA 650 B3
Corsair Carbide Series 200R

gameplayer

• STAFF SERGEANT
Re: B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC stopped working
« Reply #1 on: 11-January-19, 17:39:42 »

Did you recently update to Windows 10 1809 recently?

Starting to see very similar problems on this forum and on other sites.....
MB: Z170A Gaming M7; BIOS E7976IMS.1L0 (Latest)  |  CPU: Intel Skylake 6700k @4.3GHz  | GPU: MSI R9 390 8G  | RAM: 16GB (2 x 8GB) Corsair Vengence 3000MHz  | PSU: Thermeltake Toughpower Gold 750W  | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 Nvme 250GB + Sandisk SSD 250GB  |  iiyama 4k 40inch monitor via DisplayPort  |  OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit (1809)

N-PRoTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 11-January-19, 18:44:49 »

There was a Windows Update recently (after the first of the year). I don't know what it was. But my PC won't even perform the POST (I never get the BIOS screen). How would this be a Windows issue?

gameplayer

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #3 on: 11-January-19, 22:19:04 »

It could be a Chipset driver issue. MS already admitted that Intel dropped the ball with 1809 and released an update patch for the Intel Chipset. However, you have an AMD Ryzen system which seems strange.

Don't really know atm but there are an awful lot of MBs getting bricked atm.
MB: Z170A Gaming M7; BIOS E7976IMS.1L0 (Latest)  |  CPU: Intel Skylake 6700k @4.3GHz  | GPU: MSI R9 390 8G  | RAM: 16GB (2 x 8GB) Corsair Vengence 3000MHz  | PSU: Thermeltake Toughpower Gold 750W  | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 Nvme 250GB + Sandisk SSD 250GB  |  iiyama 4k 40inch monitor via DisplayPort  |  OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit (1809)

N-PRoTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 12-January-19, 06:06:55 »

I have OS drive backups from November and two from December and a recovery disk. But since the PC won't boot, it won't read the recovery disk...

hatzianestis_

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #5 on: 12-January-19, 08:58:49 »

I'm having the same problem with my x370 power titanium. Was working flawlessly for a year until 3 days ago. I turn on my pic watched a video of my wife's band shut it down normally with no issues, after 5 hours I turn it on again and there it goes... LEDs are lightened fans are operating  ezdebug led stays at 00. Error LEDs above the 24 pin indicates a "cpu missing or failure", gpu fans are operating but the logo stays on for a short time. And the mobo it's totally unresponsive... I have to turn pic off by psu switch chassis buttons unresponsive and mobo buttons unresponsive also. Clear cmos not working and bios flashback+ also it's unresponsive... Already contacted support and did the usual things to restore mobo with no luck since  mobo seems bricked .also contacted rma department in Poland to  ship the unit there for further inspection and repair or rma.

N-PRoTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #6 on: 13-January-19, 17:42:16 »

Well, I decided to downgrade the BIOS. I took an old USB stick (250 MB), deleted all the files on it, formatted it FAT32, ran CHKDSK, put the single BIOS file on it in the root directory, renamed the file from E7B85AMS.110 to MSI.ROM.

Then I inserted the USB stick in the designated slot (the one next to the button)
Press the button
PC starts up for a few seconds and EZ Debug CPU LED lights up for about two seconds
PC turns off
FLASHBACK+ light flashes a few times then glows steady

The FLASHBACK+ light has now been glowing for over two hours...

N-PRoTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #7 on: 14-January-19, 20:04:26 »

I fixed the computer last night. Downloaded the 110 BIOS again and put it another USB stick after deleting all the files and formatting as FAT32. This time the FLASHBACK+ worked and I was able to boot the computer. Then I used M-Flash to update the BIOS to 130.
Pages: [1]   Go Up