Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 days old GS 65 Stealth thin doesn't turn on. Black screen!!!  (Read 60 times)

KainTTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Hi guys,
I bought a new GS 65 just 3 days ago and only officially used it today for some light gaming for about 3 hours. Everything was working fine until the screen was completely frozen during gaming with distorting images. I decided to turn off the laptop as nothing could unfreeze it. Now I can't turn it back on. The screen is black and I can't even hear the fan. The only signals I got from the laptap is an orange light on the power button and a white light on F6 key as shown below.

(I have to attach the link as insert image function doesn't work properly and the file is also too big for attachment)

https://imgur.com/Z8Jj8qG

I've been trying battery reset and holding power button, but none of them works. Anyone knows what happened and how to fix it? Please help.

pennknig

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
Re: 3 days old GS 65 Stealth thin doesn't turn on. Black screen!!!
« Reply #1 on: 12-January-19, 15:49:56 »

Hi guys,
I bought a new GS 65 just 3 days ago
the screen was completely frozen during gaming with distorting images.
I decided to turn off the laptop. Now I can't turn it back on. 

I've been trying battery reset and holding power button, but none of them works. 

DOA ... Return for exchange or refund.
Request Demand the OS SSD as it has your PW's and other sensitive data on it, don't trust them to wipe it.
If exchanging for another notebook of the same type, then all you have to do is swap SSD's, no need to do updates and stuff.
Possibly a bad or no thermal paste on the CPU.
Pages: [1]   Go Up