Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Power Supply Concern  (Read 133 times)

edhuismansterTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Power Supply Concern
« on: 12-January-19, 11:07:34 »

I'm thinking of purchasing a "MSI Infinite Gaming PC, Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, 1 TB HDD+128 GB SSD+16GB Optane, 6GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060." However, the specs for this computer state that it comes with a 350W 80 Plus Bronze certified power supply. The nVidia website and the MSI video card site both recommend a 400 Watt power supply. Should I look for another computer with a better power supply or will this not be an issue? I had the same issue with my last computer, an Acer and had to replace the 300 Watt power supply with a 500 Watt unit that I had purchased previously for another computer because of a weak power supply.

Yang

• AIO Moderator
Re: Power Supply Concern
« Reply #1 on: 13-January-19, 20:16:15 »

This system is full system so MSI can be guarantee it.
If you has any concern, i am sugggest don't buying it.

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 14-January-19, 09:38:39 »

My previous Acer was also guaranteed as long as I used their crippled video card driver. I think I will keep on looking. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 14-January-19, 10:35:52 »

It's not the case here though. It's a normal system.
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 15-January-19, 18:01:25 »

This wasn't a post made to start an argument, please just read what nVidia says about the GTX 1060 power supply requirements. I did read that it might be possible to run it on a 350 Watt power supply but considering the price difference between a 350 and a 450 Watt PSU ($10.00 CDN for 80 Bronze) I would rather spend 10 dollars more. As it is I have decided on the MSI INFINITEX VR8RD-025US Gaming Desktop Computer, at $750 more, it comes with a GTX 1070 8G card, a 550 Watt PSU (nVidia recommends 500 Watts), and a larger (2x) SSD and HDD. It's a bit more than what I was budgeting for but I'd rather spend a bit more and get something I feel confident with.

Yang

• AIO Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 15-January-19, 19:04:27 »

Thanks for your support to MSI.

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: 16-January-19, 02:56:00 »

Didn't plan to start an argument. But MSI wouldn't release a computer system that would have insufficient power supply :)
Enjoy your new system!
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!
Pages: [1]   Go Up