Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI GS63vr Stealth Pro  (Read 72 times)

jorellcalebTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
MSI GS63vr Stealth Pro
« on: 12-January-19, 13:25:47 »

I'm new to using this so forgive me not knowing what most people here assume as common knowledge. I bought an MSI GS63vr Stealth Pro back in March 2018. Something I've noticed after a while of using this is the fan on the right side of the laptop doesn't spin. Even when I use the Dragon Center software this computer came with, the right fan won't spin even after putting the setting of "Turbo" Shift Mode and "Cooler Boost" Fan Speed. I'm a little worried as playing heavily demanding games such as GTA V, Skyrim, Fallout 4, and Destiny 2 makes the laptop reach very high temps. When playing Destiny 2, my GPU reads around mid-high 70s degrees Celsius and my CPU reads around 95 degrees Celsius when using Turbo Shift Mode and Cooler Boost Fan Speed. Is this something I should be concerned with, and why isn't my right fan not working now when it did a month ago?

Laptop Specs:

Processor: i7-8750H
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060
Video Memory: 6GB GDDR5
System Memory: 16GB DDR4 - 2400Hz
Storage: 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD

pennknig

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
Re: MSI GS63vr Stealth Pro
« Reply #1 on: 12-January-19, 14:11:04 »

I bought an MSI GS63vr Stealth Pro back in March 2018.
the fan on the right side of the laptop doesn't spin.

Go get it repaired ..... NOW!
Should have taken it back within the 1st 2 weeks and got a brand new exchange.
You may have caused damage by waiting so long, and the Thermal Paste will probably be baked hard by now.

jorellcalebTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 12-January-19, 15:01:39 »

Thanks for responding! Is it possible to still return and get a refund if I purchased the notebook in the U.S but am now in Canada? I'm still under warranty but I'm afraid of the whole cross country thing making matters worse.

pennknig

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #3 on: 12-January-19, 15:15:40 »

Is it possible to still return and get a refund if I purchased the notebook in the U.S but am now in Canada?
I'm still under warranty but I'm afraid of the whole cross country thing making matters worse.
NO.... 10 Month old laptop and you want a refund?
You will need to return it to a USA repair depot for service ... Possibly ... If you didn't purchase international Warranty Service.
See Memory Express out west, its where I purchased from, their forgiving about the rules.
https://www.memoryexpress.com/Stores
Pages: [1]   Go Up