Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GL63 8RD Dedicated Graphics Question  (Read 141 times)

dysmiusTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
GL63 8RD Dedicated Graphics Question
« on: 12-January-19, 14:05:58 »

I recieved this notebook for xmas and noticed it never uses the 1050ti, only the integrated graphics, I have tried to disable the integrated graphics in device manager, but that just forces everything to run through windows display adapter. BIOS shows no option to disable integrated, and nvidia driver updates dont seem to work either. Does anyone know how to switch to dedicated graphics please?

pennknig

• CAPTAIN
Re: GL63 8RD Dedicated Graphics Question
« Reply #1 on: 12-January-19, 14:30:19 »

I recieved this notebook for xmas and noticed it never uses the 1050ti, only the integrated graphics, I have tried to disable the integrated graphics in device manager, but that just forces everything to run through windows display adapter. BIOS shows no option to disable integrated, and nvidia driver updates dont seem to work either. Does anyone know how to switch to dedicated graphics please?

• Download your particular Nvidia for your notebook, to your desktop: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
  • Download DDU to your desktop: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
  • Remove LAN, Turn off WiFi. Make sure the notebook cant connect to the net after a restart.
  • Delete all Nvidia from the 'Programs and Features'.
  • Shutdown, ReStart.
  • Delete Nvidia from the 'Device Manager'.
  • Shutdown, ReStart.
  • Run DDU from Safe Mode, or Not (Run As Administrator) .... Select 'Clean and ReStart' & 'Device Type-GPU' (I did not run from Safe Mode and it worked for me).
  • Install Nvidia.
  • Shutdown, ReStart.
  • Turn on WiFi, LAN.
  • Update Nividia.
  • Shutdown, ReStart.
You can update directly from GeForce Experience now, but some will suggest that this process be repeated each time.
You can always rerun the DDU if you experience issues with an update directly from the GeForce Experience app.
Keep DDU handy and Nvidia bookmarked.

NOTE:
I do everything on my notebook from the User Account, this process I would use the Administrator Account if not using Safe Mode.
Shut down, ReStart is not the same thing as ReStart/ReBoot ... You need to turn off the notebook to unload the RAM of anything that may be in there.
ReStart leaves the RAM with the drivers still loaded in it, this causes problems, its recommended to do the Shutdown, ReStart every driver update.

dysmiusTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 12-January-19, 17:21:40 »

I'll give it a shot when I get home from work, thanks for the quick reply!

pennknig

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #3 on: 12-January-19, 17:51:26 »

I'll give it a shot when I get home from work, thanks for the quick reply!

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/ddu-guide-tutorial

dysmiusTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 13-January-19, 00:14:36 »

ran through the steps and got as far as nvidia control panel working now, task manager now shows GPU 0 (Intel) and GPU 1(nvidia) but still cannot actually use the 1050ti, everything just runs on gpu 0

pennknig

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #5 on: 13-January-19, 17:34:44 »

ran through the steps and got as far as nvidia control panel working now, task manager now shows GPU 0 (Intel) and GPU 1(nvidia) but still cannot actually use the 1050ti, everything just runs on gpu 0
Quick ... take it back and get an exchange.
Pages: [1]   Go Up