Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help with GV62 7RE  (Read 63 times)

george_barsan88Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
help with GV62 7RE
« on: 12-January-19, 16:17:36 »

Hello everyone,

a few months ago I have bought a laptop from MSI GV62 7RE and some days ago by mistake I deleted the recovery partition(the MSI FACTORY PARTITION),is there any way of recovering that from anywhere or I just gone forever.
Any advice how to restore my pc basically like factory MSI ?

best regards,
George

david

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
  • Software dev & media creation w/ gaming gear.
Re: help with GV62 7RE
« Reply #1 on: 12-January-19, 23:29:09 »

... a few months ago I have bought a laptop from MSI GV62 7RE and some days ago by mistake I deleted the recovery partition(the MSI FACTORY PARTITION),is there any way of recovering that from anywhere or I just gone forever.
Any advice how to restore my pc basically like factory MSI ? ...

Hi George,

No, there's no way to recover the factory restore partition with what you've got. You will need to contact MSI Support and obtain a full factory restore on external media (DVDs or USB flash drive). Using the external factory restore, the factory restore partition(s) on your internal drives can be recreated. However, once you have a factory restore on external media, there is no longer a reason to have it on your internal drives because you can just use the external one whenever you need to do a factory restore.

Kind regards, David
GT80 2QE Titan SLI-001 • i7-4720HQ • 32 GB DRAM • 2 x GTX 980M in SLI • 16 GB VRAM (8 GB/GPU) • 2 x 512 GB Micron M600 M.2 SSDs in mirrored Recovery array • 2 x 128 Toshiba M.2 SSDs in mirrored RAID-1 • 2 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD • MiniPro RAID V2 external case w/ 2 x 2 TB Seagate ST2000LM003 HD in RAID-1 for local backup • 40" Philips 4K UHD BDM4065UC monitor • Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB external keyboard • Logitech G903 Lightspeed wireless mouse w/ Powerplay charging mousepad • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit • Adobe Master Collection CS6

george_barsan88Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 13-January-19, 17:22:01 »

So basiclly,if i instal an windows 10 from my dvd there is no diference.
Is restoring from MSI factory partition bring any pluses or i it the same if i instal it normally and take the drivers from the MSI website.

P.s Thanks for the previous reply DAVID

best regards,
George

david

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
  • Software dev & media creation w/ gaming gear.
« Reply #3 on: 13-January-19, 21:40:53 »

So basiclly,if i instal an windows 10 from my dvd there is no diference.
Is restoring from MSI factory partition bring any pluses or i it the same if i instal it normally and take the drivers from the MSI website. ...

Hi George,

No, doing a factory restore is not the same. The factory restore restores everything to the storage devices that was included from the factory. This includes third party software such as trial versions of software, games and adware. Some users (like me) hate this extra software (it's commonly called "bloatware"). If you do a clean install of Win 10 and install the MSI drivers and utility programs, you should have everything a new MSI gaming notebook would have except for the bloatware.

Kind regards, David
GT80 2QE Titan SLI-001 • i7-4720HQ • 32 GB DRAM • 2 x GTX 980M in SLI • 16 GB VRAM (8 GB/GPU) • 2 x 512 GB Micron M600 M.2 SSDs in mirrored Recovery array • 2 x 128 Toshiba M.2 SSDs in mirrored RAID-1 • 2 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD • MiniPro RAID V2 external case w/ 2 x 2 TB Seagate ST2000LM003 HD in RAID-1 for local backup • 40" Philips 4K UHD BDM4065UC monitor • Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB external keyboard • Logitech G903 Lightspeed wireless mouse w/ Powerplay charging mousepad • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit • Adobe Master Collection CS6
Pages: [1]   Go Up