Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Advanced search    

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GV62-8RE touchpad slow response.  (Read 434 times)

millssb79Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
GV62-8RE touchpad slow response.
« on: 26-January-19, 22:46:52 »

My touchpad on my new laptop seems very glitchy, slow, semi unresponsive, and inaccurate.  These are the things I have tried so far.
1, Update drivers with windows update-no change
2. Rollback driver-no change
3. Uninstalling the touchpad in device manager and reinstall.
5. Adjust all the settings in windows.
6. Adjust settings in synaptics utility.
7. Install drivers from MSI support drivers.

At this point I think the touchpad is faulty.  I have recently owned a few new HP laptops and the touchpads are very responsive and nice I wouldn't think a MSI laptop would be any different.

Is there anything else I can do to resolve this problem? It's been an issue since I pulled it out of the box.

Thanks

pennknig

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
Re: GV62-8RE touchpad slow response.
« Reply #1 on: 27-January-19, 00:37:34 »

My touchpad on my new laptop seems very glitchy, slow, semi unresponsive, and inaccurate.  
1, Update drivers with windows update-no change
2. Rollback driver-no change
3. Uninstalling the touchpad in device manager and reinstall.
5. Adjust all the settings in windows.
6. Adjust settings in synaptics utility.
7. Install drivers from MSI support drivers.

At this point I think the touchpad is faulty.  
Is there anything else I can do to resolve this problem? 
My GT75 does not have a precision touchpad, and its over $5500.00 CDN.
There is no way to visually tell if yous is a precision or not, MSI might be able to tell you.
You could post here and ask the MSI representative: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/official-questions-for-the-msi-rep-2.795226/
The 1982 Acer emachine I owned had a better TP than my GT75.

millssb79Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 27-January-19, 18:24:15 »

I guess that would make sense because no one really games with a touchpad. I use the laptop for regular tasks so that's when the touchpad get's used.  Thanks for your input.

pennknig

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
« Reply #3 on: 27-January-19, 20:08:26 »

I guess that would make sense because no one really games with a touchpad. I use the laptop for regular tasks so that's when the touchpad get's used.  Thanks for your input.
Take it with you to the retailer and compare it to a display unit.
If they perform the same, OK, if not then it might be hardware or still software issues.
Maybe they have a tech on hand to take a look at it.
Also, by looking at the product pictures, I would expect it to have a precision touchpad.

freeyh

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #4 on: 27-January-19, 21:23:28 »

Which version of touchpad driver do you have?
According to the post from MSI, your touchpad driver should be 19.5.31.11 or newer version.

Can you describe your touchpad issue more accurate? What kind of slow? The cursor move slowly or the speed of response?

And as far as I know, your laptop's touchpad does not support for the precision touchpad, you can't just say it's faulty if the compare one is a precision touchpad.

millssb79Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #5 on: 28-January-19, 01:34:31 »

According to the post from MSI, your touchpad driver should be 19.5.31.11 or newer version.

Can you describe your touchpad issue more accurate? What kind of slow? The cursor move slowly or the speed of response?

And as far as I know, your laptop's touchpad does not support for the precision touchpad, you can't just say it's faulty if the compare one is a precision touchpad.

I tried installing that driver and it told me the one installed was newer so that's when I rolled it back but I didn't look at the driver that it rolled back to.

The touchpad acts like it's not tracking my finger. It's hard to explain. When I slide my finger the cursor will stop randomly while I'm still sliding my finger.

I don't have these problems with my Hp laptop and touchpad on my logitech k400 keyboard combo.

I bought the laptop from newegg so I can return it but its just a hassle I would rather fix it. I might check the motherboard connection.

millssb79Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #6 on: 28-January-19, 10:08:41 »

The driver I'm running is 19.5.31.11

freeyh

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #7 on: 30-January-19, 01:29:06 »

Have you tested under safe mode or uninstall the touchpad driver? If the touchpad still acts as what you mentioned, should send the laptop back to the MSI service for further check.

millssb79Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #8 on: 30-January-19, 09:04:53 »

Have you tested under safe mode or uninstall the touchpad driver? If the touchpad still acts as what you mentioned, should send the laptop back to the MSI service for further check.

I have went into to safe mode and uninstalled drivers and uninstalled the device (touchpad). So far no luck. I looked at my hp laptop and it has a elan touchpad so it's really not comparing apples to apples.  I'm going to call msi support today.  It wouldn't be a big deal if I just docked the laptop or it mainly lived in one place. I use it for portability.  I didn't realize how much a crappy touchpad would effect me until I used this one.  

Thanks for your ideas and input!

f4ij

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #9 on: 10-July-19, 08:54:24 »

My GV62 8RE has the same problem. The Synaptics touchpad interface has a very slight delay, it jumps, drifts, lacks precision and causes a lot of accidental double clicks/drags. First I disabled tap to click which helped reduce accidental data loss from the weird drag and drops that would happen.  But the lack of precision still makes it to get work done with this touchpad, worse than any other I have used going back 17 years. I have 3 other MSis on hand and they all have good smooth precise touchpads (GP62 6QE GT72 6QD and GE72 6QD)

I have tried with and without "enhanced pointer precision". Jumps less with it off. I tried high and low touchpad sensitivity. Originally I was able to disable tap to click by right clicking the touchpad icon in system tray but now that option seems have gone (Win updates killed it?)

I am using Windows 10 1903 using Synaptics driver is 19.5.31.11, installed clean from the most recent file on this site a few weeks ago. Today I tried to update the Synaptics driver through windows and it found 19.5.31.16. Unfortunately it seems just as bad. Hopefully there is a software fix and not a hardware problem?

f4ij

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #10 on: 10-July-19, 09:00:07 »

I found the Synaptics Utility in the programs menu and was able to restore the icon to sys tray and disable touch tapping again. I still have the jumping and precision problems when you are trying to make fine adjustments necessary on a 15.6" 1080 screen but if I find a fix I will report back.

I also turned of "palm guard" in the Synaptics utility hoping that might help with precision but it didnt.

pennknig

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
« Reply #11 on: 10-July-19, 09:13:31 »

I found the Synaptics Utility in the programs menu and was able to restore the icon to sys tray and disable touch tapping again. I still have the jumping and precision problems when you are trying to make fine adjustments necessary on a 15.6" 1080 screen but if I find a fix I will report back.

I also turned of "palm guard" in the Synaptics utility hoping that might help with precision but it didnt.
Just keep trying different things, it will get ..... acceptable ..... kinda.
Pages: [1]   Go Up