Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI RTX 2080 TI Gaming X Trio Keeps Crashing - Need Bios Update  (Read 677 times)

alexandercgomezTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

I have recently just got a RTX 2080 TI Gaming X Trio. Under stress test in MSI Kombustor, Battlefield V or most GPU intensive games it just crash. Not BSOD, it just shuts down and resets. I am looking to try a new vbios update to see if that fixes the problem. 

My SN is: 602-V371-11SB1809001***
I have also attatched my Bios info.

I hope someone can help :(

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator

.101 => .103

• PRIVATE E-2

Thanks for the quick reply :) However I have flashed the vbios with the file you have provided and the card is still consistently resetting. On stock settings I run MSI Kombuster v4 and it always resets the computer instantly. I have downclocked GPU to -300 and Memory to -500 in afterburner and it seems to be more stable and can run Kombuster. Not sure what is the issue :( Also I have a Cool Master 650w Gold MWE PSU and have 8pin (Cable1) +8pin + 6 pin (Cable 2) connected. I still cant get this to work stable like my 1080ti

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator

i would suggest you to try it with better, quality and more powerful PSU
or to test the card in another PC who has such

• PRIVATE E-2

Hi There Svet .. Happy to report that your suggestion worked. Previously was using a new Cooler Master 650w MWE Gold PSU. While it worked fine for my 1080ti, It didnt work too well with the Msi RTX 2080ti Gaming X Trio. It would constantly reset the computer under any load or GPU intensive tasks. I am using this with a i9 9900K with Asus Z390 mb and Asus Ryuo 240 AIO watercooler. Today I took the risk of buying the new Asus Thor 1200w PSU which is Platinum rated and as I observed the power consumption and stability, it worked better than expected with good OC in Afterburner. It actually made the whole system work better. So many thanks for your help Svet. My only complaint would be on the marketing team from MSI or who ever approved the text on the box / specs. This GPU is not rated to work on a 650w PSU. I would say to work safely on most processors 750 plus should be the recommended with 700 being the minimum. I will be trying SLI in the next few days when I have some time and see how this performs. Many Thanks :)

czesiek779

• CORPORAL

Most probably your power supply is at fault. A 2080Ti should work perfectly on a PSU that could take a 1080Ti. The TDP is pretty much the same (20-30W difference?).
I'd bet it would run just fine on a corsair RM550X...

• PRIVATE E-2

Out of curiosity I plugged the 650W PSU back in back with the 1080ti and it worked liked a charm. The 1080ti wasnt getting any spikes on the Power and very consistent when on load. Also to note I am using a i9 9900K which under load the TDP is higher I guess. I wish it was a faulty PSU so I can get a new one and sell it but it doesn't seem like it in this case :(. I am still convinced that the RTX 2080ti is not suitable to use with a 650w PSU and running a i9 9900K. Also the Gaming X Trio key point is the overclocking which will draw more power from the PSU.

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator

Hi There Svet .. Happy to report that your suggestion worked. Previously was using a new Cooler Master 650w MWE Gold PSU. While it worked fine for my 1080ti, It didnt work too well with the Msi RTX 2080ti Gaming X Trio. It would constantly reset the computer under any load or GPU intensive tasks. I am using this with a i9 9900K with Asus Z390 mb and Asus Ryuo 240 AIO watercooler. Today I took the risk of buying the new Asus Thor 1200w PSU which is Platinum rated and as I observed the power consumption and stability, it worked better than expected with good OC in Afterburner. It actually made the whole system work better. So many thanks for your help Svet.

great, thanks for update,
well done as well :hat tip:
Pages: [1]   Go Up