Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Screen/Graphics Driver Issue  (Read 162 times)

s.samo19Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Screen/Graphics Driver Issue
« on: 09-February-19, 08:30:36 »

Hello guys, 
I've been having this problem for quite sometime now and i'm not sure where the problem is, so what happens is that sometimes i get these vertical lines on my screen starting from the bottom of the screen all the way to like half of the screen and if i leave it alone it fixes itself or if i go back and forth with the refresh rate from 60 Hz to 48 Hz it might get fixed. Also another way the same problem occurs if i change the refresh rate from 60 Hz to 48 Hz. It also happened to me a couple of times while playing Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 and i Alt + Tab and the lines appeared again or even if i change the refresh rate inside the game settings. Also the same lines appear when i boot up my laptop and i'm seeing the MSI logo at the beginning.
I tried to uninstall the Intel Graphics Driver many times as well as the Nvidia GTX 1060 driver using DDU but the problem is still there.
Does anybody know how to fix this problem or where the problem might be?

Thanks in advance guys.  

david

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
  • Software dev & media creation w/ gaming gear.
Re: Screen/Graphics Driver Issue
« Reply #1 on: 09-February-19, 08:55:00 »

Hi s.samo19,

It looks like a defective LCD panel or LCD driver board. You'll have to contact MSI Service to get their help. They'll probably want you to ship it to them for repair. This forum is just a volunteer user-to-user forum and you won't be able to contact MSI here.

Kind regards, David
GT80 2QE Titan SLI-001 • i7-4720HQ • 32 GB DRAM • 2 x GTX 980M in SLI • 16 GB VRAM (8 GB/GPU) • 2 x 512 GB Micron M600 M.2 SSDs in mirrored Recovery array • 2 x 128 Toshiba M.2 SSDs in mirrored RAID-1 • 2 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD • MiniPro RAID V2 external case w/ 2 x 2 TB Seagate ST2000LM003 HD in RAID-1 for local backup • 40" Philips 4K UHD BDM4065UC monitor • Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB external keyboard • Logitech G903 Lightspeed wireless mouse w/ Powerplay charging mousepad • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit • Adobe Master Collection CS6

s.samo19Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 09-February-19, 09:20:17 »

I already did multiple times but all what they've suggested was driver re-installation and that's it. Don't think it's a defect LCD tho as i tried connecting my laptop to a monitor and duplicate the desktop which put the GTX 1060 into working for display and i tried to change the refresh rate and everything worked just fine.

RaiderGamer

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #3 on: 09-February-19, 11:18:06 »

I already did multiple times but all what they've suggested was driver re-installation and that's it. Don't think it's a defect LCD tho as i tried connecting my laptop to a monitor and duplicate the desktop which put the GTX 1060 into working for display and i tried to change the refresh rate and everything worked just fine.

if you dont think its a bad display panel then reinstall windows clean and then check if the problem is still there, check it before and after every graphics driver update to see if the problem starts at some point.

if the problem is still there after every step then u can order a new display

this is one site ive never used it though
https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/

s.samo19Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 11-February-19, 10:23:57 »

I've done a small test to validate that the problem is originating from the Intel HD Graphics/Display Driver.
I connected my laptop to a second monitor and done the steps that i was aware of that caused the problem but nothing happened, so i'm pretty sure that the problem is originating from the Intel HD Graphics Driver/Display.

RaiderGamer

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #5 on: 11-February-19, 12:46:04 »

I've done a small test to validate that the problem is originating from the Intel HD Graphics/Display Driver.
I connected my laptop to a second monitor and done the steps that i was aware of that caused the problem but nothing happened, so i'm pretty sure that the problem is originating from the Intel HD Graphics Driver/Display.

s.samo19Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #6 on: 11-February-19, 16:49:58 »

I will try doing that, will let you know about the outcome

s.samo19Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #7 on: 12-February-19, 03:12:44 »

I tried it but i was able to replicate the problem even when the driver is not there, i also tried opening and closing the monitor to see if it's the problem or not but nothing happened and i waited and it fixed itself again (the lines disappeared automatically).
I vaguely remember that this started happening after i updated a driver using The Driver Booster Software but that was long enough for me not to remember what caused it in the first place. Also the laptop never fell on the floor or anything so that's why i'm doubting that it's a faulty display.
Also while i was writing this the screen turned black and opened again and windows played that sound it plays when you attach a device to the laptop as almost the screen was detached and got reattached again and the lines appeared on my screen and i left it a bit and it fixed itself. I'm installing the latest driver for the Intel HD graphics right now as i was still working with the Microsoft Basic Display driver while writing this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up