Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Advanced search    

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switching to Dedicated Graphic Card not working, Matrix Display options missing  (Read 239 times)

nikhilpanchghareTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Hello,

Notebook - MSI CX62 7QL
Integrated Graphic Card - Intel HD 620
Dedicated Graphic Card - NVIDIA 940MX 2GB

Issue -

Not able to switch to NVIDIA Graphic Card from Integrated Intel one on my laptop, I have followed all the steps to update driver on my laptop. (I have raised question previously that NVIDIA Control Panel is missing from Laptop where I got to know some steps to follow.)

- Upgrade Windows 10 version

- Upgrade BIOS to latest
- Uninstall NVDIA Drvier, Intel Driver using DDU in Safe Mode
- Install Intel and then NVIDIA Driver

From NVIDIA Control Panel Managed 3D settings used option High Performance NVIDIA Processor and in Global Setting option used NVIDIA Processor.

Still NVIDIA Graphic Card is not in use. (Checked using Performance check utility of Windows)

Also, I am trying all this to work with Matrix Display. Physx Configuration not showing options for Surround and Display setting etc.

For the initial steps I have attached screenshot and logs of my laptop.
Attached file -
1. System Information report

I am trying to attach few more files but, due to file size limit not able to -
1. BIOS Version
2. Windows 10 Version
3. NVIDIA Control Panel (there are many options which are missing here as part of what NVIDIA Graphic card provides)

Please help me out with this issue.

• PRIVATE E-2

Hello, Due to background color my first post Text is not visible.. I copy paste here in Reply. I am looking for help regarding how to change Default Graphic Card.

Notebook - MSI CX62 7QL
Integrated Graphic Card - Intel HD 620
Dedicated Graphic Card - NVIDIA 940MX 2GB

Issue -

Not able to switch to NVIDIA Graphic Card from Integrated Intel one on my laptop, I have followed all the steps to update driver on my laptop. (I have raised question previously that NVIDIA Control Panel is missing from Laptop where I got to know some steps to follow.)

- Upgrade Windows 10 version

- Upgrade BIOS to latest
- Uninstall NVDIA Drvier, Intel Driver using DDU in Safe Mode
- Install Intel and then NVIDIA Driver

From NVIDIA Control Panel Managed 3D settings used option High Performance NVIDIA Processor and in Global Setting option used NVIDIA Processor.

Still NVIDIA Graphic Card is not in use. (Checked using Performance check utility of Windows)

Also, I am trying all this to work with Matrix Display. Physx Configuration not showing options for Surround and Display setting etc.

For the initial steps I have attached screenshot and logs of my laptop.
Attached file -
1. System Information report

I am trying to attach few more files but, due to file size limit not able to -
1. BIOS Version
2. Windows 10 Version
3. NVIDIA Control Panel (there are many options which are missing here as part of what NVIDIA Graphic card provides)

david

• COLONEL
  • Software dev & media creation w/ gaming gear.

Hi nikhilpanchghare,

Your CX62 7QL is not a gaming notebook and this forum is for MSI gaming notebooks. (The model name for all MSI gaming notebooks begins with "G".) The forum for MSI C-series notebooks (like yours) is here. Besides, why do you think your notebook supports Matrix Display? It's a feature for gaming notebooks.

Kind regards, David
GT80 2QE Titan SLI-001 • i7-4720HQ • 32 GB DRAM • 2 x GTX 980M in SLI • 16 GB VRAM (8 GB/GPU) • 2 x 512 GB Micron M600 M.2 SSDs in mirrored Recovery array • 2 x 128 Toshiba M.2 SSDs in mirrored RAID-1 • 2 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD • MiniPro RAID V2 external case w/ 2 x 2 TB Seagate ST2000LM003 HD in RAID-1 for local backup • 40" Philips 4K UHD BDM4065UC monitor • Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB external keyboard • Logitech G903 Lightspeed wireless mouse w/ Powerplay charging mousepad • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit • Adobe Master Collection CS6

• PRIVATE E-2

Hi David,

Thanks for redirecting me to C-Series forum.

I am not sure what definition MSI has given to Gaming Laptop, what I understood is if Machine is built up with proper component compatible for Gaming as my C Series one is having then it is Gaming Machine. Now, my whole point was to check if NVIDIA 940MX can provide Physx feature so why it is not showing on my Machine.

I have seen the config of Matrix display in Amazon (URL below) while purchasing C-Series machine.

https://www.amazon.in/MSI-CX62-7QL-15-6-inch-i7-7500U/dp/B01N64XLAT

Also, is there any way to delete this topic as this forum is not for C-Series machine's.

Many Thanks,
Nikhil

david

• COLONEL
  • Software dev & media creation w/ gaming gear.

Hi Nikhil,

I cannot help with the gaming notebook definition but I've never seen a C-series notebook advertised by MSI as a gaming machine. If you look on the MSI website, you won't find any C-series models listed with the gaming notebooks. And if you look at the software provided by MSI for your model, you'll notice the omission of MSI's Dragon Center which all of their gaming notebooks get.

As for the ad on Amazon, I don't know because I don't know the source of their information. If MSI truly supports its Matrix Display on your notebook, then you'll probably have to use the NVidia video driver they provide (even if it is an old version) and you'll have to contact MSI Support for help getting it to work. These forums are volunteer user-to-user forums so you won't be able to contact MSI Support here.

As for deleting a topic, I think that only a moderator or administrator can do that at this point.

Kind regards, David
GT80 2QE Titan SLI-001 • i7-4720HQ • 32 GB DRAM • 2 x GTX 980M in SLI • 16 GB VRAM (8 GB/GPU) • 2 x 512 GB Micron M600 M.2 SSDs in mirrored Recovery array • 2 x 128 Toshiba M.2 SSDs in mirrored RAID-1 • 2 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD • MiniPro RAID V2 external case w/ 2 x 2 TB Seagate ST2000LM003 HD in RAID-1 for local backup • 40" Philips 4K UHD BDM4065UC monitor • Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB external keyboard • Logitech G903 Lightspeed wireless mouse w/ Powerplay charging mousepad • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit • Adobe Master Collection CS6

• PRIVATE E-2

Hi David,

Thanks for the details, I posted in MSI Support but unfortunately they just want to keep dry their hands from what they have provided in C-Series.

I will have to get rid of the this machine and will have to build by my own :(

Thanks Much David.. Happy Gaming !!
Pages: [1]   Go Up