Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LED Wizard Not Working  (Read 3169 times)

omarsalah3769Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
LED Wizard Not Working
« on: 10-August-17, 02:22:30 »

I got the MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro no more than 2 days ago and when I first turned on the laptop, the keyboard backlights were working well. Then it said there was an update for dragon center so I updated it. Later one of the apps said it needed the laptop to restart to finish installing and when I turned the laptop back on the keyboard lights were glitchy and the settings wouldn't change. I don't know what to do so that I can change the settings for the lights again to different colors and patterns of lighting. Thank you for your responses in advance.

SpeedJack

• CAPTAIN
Re: LED Wizard Not Working
« Reply #1 on: 10-August-17, 06:03:19 »

Hi,

Please take a screenshot of  LED Wizard settings or record your screen with a screen video recorder and offer to us to clarify what settings you have adjusted, but without effect, tell us in detail. Please use MSI HelpDesk to export OS information and compress (zip) the configuration txt file for us. Share the zip file to us and it would be easier to figure out what happened. You can find the latest version of HelpDesk in the download link below.
http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/nb/helpdesk.zip

omarsalah3769Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 10-August-17, 12:07:05 »

These are the settings I have it on right now but they don't do anything to the actual keyboard. I have restarted my laptop several times but every time it turns back on it goes to red (which I know is default) but then it doesn't apply the settings I chose and proceeds to just continually fade from one color to another across the whole keyboard at once. So the keyboard will be blue and then fade to purple/pink and then to yellow/orange and then to blue again. Whenever I try to change any of the sections of the color it will change that section color for less than a second and then it will go back to the fade thing that I already mentioned. It's very frustrating but I don't know if its the software or the actual keyboard that is the problem.

milehighxr

• SERGEANT
« Reply #3 on: 13-August-17, 21:10:06 »

I have lost LED wizard with the dragon center update to  1.2.1707.2501. How do I roll back to the original version of Dragon Center that my laptop shipped with, and prevent it from updating?

a.steffen2

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 11-September-17, 14:10:01 »

I have lost LED wizard with the dragon center too

warslachworsley

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #5 on: 30-January-18, 19:50:34 »

Has there been any update on this situation?

My laptop, a GE73VR 7RF arrived two days ago and the LED's on the keyboard only light up orange on some keys (Some of the function keys like F1, F2, F3, F4, etc... and the up, down, left, right keys) when holding down the 'fn' key, other than that all of the other keys don't work at all.

When going into the MSI Dashboard, there is no option for accessing the LED Wizard.

I've tried multiple things like updating windows, updating bios, changing battery settings, updating and reinstalling both steelseries engine AND MSI Dashboard. None of these have changed a thing.

Just to clarify, the keys have never lit up once any colour (Not including the function keys that only light up when holding down 'fn') and that makes me think that it is not a hardware issue and actually a software issue, seeing as this model is supposed to come with per key RGB keyboard.

shadthakur92

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #6 on: 12-February-19, 12:09:39 »

Stay Calm!
There is no issue with your laptop. Myself using the same model has similar function.
Well that is a feature provided by steel series for Msi laptops that when u press Fn key, it lights up the keys which u can add on to Function.
For example, u want to increase/decrease brightness, use Fn+Up/Dn arrow key.

So basically it lights up which combination u can use with the Fn key.
Pages: [1]   Go Up