Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X370 XPower Gaming Titanium High mainboard temperature  (Read 134 times)

ninja.zx10r.jsrTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

i've build a new system and my x370 xpower gaming titanium motherboard temp runs at 60C while gaming.  that seems really high, should the board be running this hot?
anyone have the same issue?  the CPU only hits about 48C.  

thanks for helping out a concerned citizen.

richard.y

• CAPTAIN
Re: X370 XPower Gaming Titanium High mainboard temperature
« Reply #1 on: 11-February-19, 20:28:25 »

what mb and cpu temp in idle?
Try mflash the latest bios :pompom:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X370-XPOWER-GAMING-TITANIUM

ninja.zx10r.jsrTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 11-February-19, 20:47:42 »

the CPU is a Ryzen 2700X and at idle is sitting at 39C and the mainboard is sitting at 47C.
the memory is [font="Segoe UI", "Helvetica Neue", "Liberation Sans", "Nimbus Sans L", Arial, sans-serif]G.SKILL TridentZ Series, [/font][/color][font="Open Sans", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]F4-3200C14D-16GTZSK[/font][/color]

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 12-February-19, 08:41:48 »

AMD chips generally use more power, and then run hotter. And because of that, the motherboard will also run hotter. So this isn't real surprising.

Your cooler can also have an effect on that temp. If you're using water cooling and have little to no air flow in the area of the chipset heatsinks, they will generally run hotter.

I always try to run a fan to direct air onto my chipset heatinks to keep them cool, mainly because I use water cooling and that causes there to be little air flow in that area without it.
Name            Motherboard                                CPU                                              RAM                             GPU                                            
System 1MSI GS73VR-6RFIntel i7 6700HQ16GB DDR4MSI GTX1060 6GB
ServerMSI X370 SLI PlusAMD Ryzen 5 1500X16GB DDR4MSI GTX 1070Ti Armor OC
System 3MSI Z390 GodlikeIntel i9 9900K32GB DDR4 @ 3600 MHz MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z 8GB
Pages: [1]   Go Up