Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI x299 Gaming M7 ACK memory problem DDR4  (Read 442 times)

gapkovTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
MSI x299 Gaming M7 ACK memory problem DDR4
« on: 12-February-19, 04:44:21 »

My config:

MSI x299 Gaming M7 ACK / i7 7800X 4.1Mhz (Gaming Boost) / 16gb (4x4) Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz Quad-chanell / GTX 1080

bad results in write speed in RAM, what could be the problem?

bios 1.20

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
Re: MSI x299 Gaming M7 ACK memory problem DDR4
« Reply #1 on: 12-February-19, 08:17:49 »

What is bad? You really aren't explaining what the problem is. Looking at the results I don't really see anything that incredibly off.
Providing a good description of exactly what is wrong only helps.
Name            Motherboard                                CPU                                              RAM                             GPU                                            
System 1MSI GS73VR-6RFIntel i7 6700HQ16GB DDR4MSI GTX1060 6GB
ServerMSI X370 SLI PlusAMD Ryzen 5 1500X16GB DDR4MSI GTX 1070Ti Armor OC
System 3MSI Z390 GodlikeIntel i9 9900K32GB DDR4 @ 3600 MHz MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z 8GB

gapkovTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #2 on: 12-February-19, 09:34:54 »

ok i will explain

DDR4 2400mhz in Quad-channel mode must show level 52-58k (read, write, copy)

reading and copying is fine

write shows at level Dual-channel mode (35к). It is very small. Must be at 50k

what could be the problem?

gapkovTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #3 on: 12-February-19, 09:42:30 »

here is an example (it's from the internet, not mine)

the difference between copying, reading and writing should be small

I have trouble write.

plutomate

• MAJOR GENERAL
« Reply #4 on: 13-February-19, 01:49:28 »

can you check whether both BIOS and OS still read your RAM capacity as 16G? btw, just saw your BIOS is way too old, the current one is 1.A, i'll recommend you to flash to the latest BIOS.

The more I look, the weirder it gets, lol. if you overclock to 4.1, how come the cpu multiplier of your screenshot is 30x

gapkovTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #5 on: 13-February-19, 05:44:24 »

yes all 4x4gb/ all 16gb

It is not a matter of bios, if it were a matter of bios, then others would have the same thing. I read a review. A person had bios 1.20 as I did - and he did not have such a problem.

overclocking is through the "GameBoost" function, I pointed it out. Frequency varies with load. It is dynamic in other words. I think for this reason showed 3000Mhz

under load in games the frequency keeps 4.1Ghz

I only managed to get a result of 44k - only 1 time

Mostly test passes with speed 35k, that very little for quad mode

Here is a review. Bios like me (1.20) no problem. It's not about bios. - Updating the BIOS is also not always a successful option) there may be other problems as a rule.

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: 13-February-19, 07:40:22 »

yes all 4x4gb/ all 16gb

It is not a matter of bios, if it were a matter of bios, then others would have the same thing. I read a review. A person had bios 1.20 as I did - and he did not have such a problem.

overclocking is through the "GameBoost" function, I pointed it out. Frequency varies with load. It is dynamic in other words. I think for this reason showed 3000Mhz

under load in games the frequency keeps 4.1Ghz

I only managed to get a result of 44k - only 1 time

Mostly test passes with speed 35k, that very little for quad mode

Here is a review. Bios like me (1.20) no problem. It's not about bios. - Updating the BIOS is also not always a successful option) there may be other problems as a rule.

Well.....

Your 'example' isn't an MSI board, or atleast it isn't displayed as such. Who knows what board it is. If it was the same board, it would show that.
Your 'example' also has a much different (higher end) CPU than yours.
Your 'example' also is running a much different (higher) bus speed, and therefore higher bandwidth.
So...saying the BIOS doesn't make a difference because your 'same example as your system' isn't the same, not at all.

Our suggestion is to update the BIOS. 

If you don't want to do that, then I'm not sure we can say anything else but to get different RAM. Or change your RAM settings. But even then, there's nothing that says it's going to get the same number or close to it. 

Is your ram a 4x16GB kit? Or was it 2 x 2x16GB kits?
Name            Motherboard                                CPU                                              RAM                             GPU                                            
System 3MSI Z390 GodlikeIntel i9 9900K32GB DDR4 @ 3600 MHz MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z 8GB

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: 13-February-19, 08:09:03 »

Found a user with the same CPU, same motherboard, updated BIOS, no issue.

gapkovTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #8 on: 13-February-19, 10:48:19 »

Here is an overview of where the results are taken (where the unknown motherboard is not taken) there is the AIDA of the old version and it did not identify the motherboard: https://www.overclockers.com/msi-x299-gaming-m7-ack-review/

I do not think the problem is in bios. Perhaps the problem is that I do not manually overclock the processor. I use motherboard auto overclocking "Game Boost"

I wrote in the first message that I use 4 modules of 4 GB each. Does it matter?

I have a second system: Asus B450 Strix Rog b450 f-gaming, Ryzen 7 1700X, 16gb 2866Mhz Dual-chanell (2 modules of 8 GB each), there is no problem: 42К reading / 44К write / 41K copying

Maybe this is a problem due to the automatic overclocking of the processor?

plutomate

• MAJOR GENERAL
« Reply #9 on: 13-February-19, 19:43:38 »

if you refuse to update BIOS, what is the point of even being here, lol. 

any test should be continued after you flash the BIOS because apparently from the picture darkhawk posted, the CPU has been overclock to 4.1G (possibly with game boost level 1, too) and the memory performance is looking fine. 

buying memory from 4 different kits is never recommended as you can imagine why 4 kits pack cost more than 4 x 1 kit pack

gapkovTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #10 on: 14-February-19, 05:58:06 »

And here different sets of memory? I wrote. I bought. Kit. Includes 4x4 SAME memory. What are you talking about? I did not buy a different memory. This is a kit.
I look here, there are different problems for people and they all advise one to “update the bios”. lol
Updating the BIOS does not always benefit - it is a known fact. Even the support says "if the system works stably there is no need to update the BIOS"

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: 14-February-19, 07:02:02 »

Here is an overview of where the results are taken (where the unknown motherboard is not taken) there is the AIDA of the old version and it did not identify the motherboard: https://www.overclockers.com/msi-x299-gaming-m7-ack-review/

I do not think the problem is in bios. Perhaps the problem is that I do not manually overclock the processor. I use motherboard auto overclocking "Game Boost"

I wrote in the first message that I use 4 modules of 4 GB each. Does it matter?

I have a second system: Asus B450 Strix Rog b450 f-gaming, Ryzen 7 1700X, 16gb 2866Mhz Dual-chanell (2 modules of 8 GB each), there is no problem: 42К reading / 44К write / 41K copying

Maybe this is a problem due to the automatic overclocking of the processor?

Multiple people have suggested updating the BIOS but you refuse to do that. Ok.

Multiple posts here online also indicate that buying 4 sticks of the same memory is not the same as buying a 4x4GB kit of memory. That's known fairly well in any gaming community, especially if you want good performance. There's a reason that it's a 'kit', because they are matched together and provide similar performance. Single sticks aren't.

Just because XYZ system works fine this way, doesn't correlate to anything on ABC system. Again, apples and oranges. Even more so with your examples. Please stick to the system being discussed.

I highly doubt overclocking the CPU (either manually or with the automatic 'gameboost' function) will have any large impact on this particular test.

But I could definitely see a BIOS update changing the situation. Perhaps the settings for a particular processor (like yours) are incorrect for the memory? That would explain why someone with a different CPU but same board same bios doesn't have the problem and you do.

If you don't want to take the advice we provide, then I suggest you contact MSI directly. They can then help you directly (and will most likely suggest updating the BIOS as the first step, just like we are).
See : >>How to contact MSI.<<

gapkovTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #12 on: 14-February-19, 11:26:05 »

thanks for the answer.

I'll look for reasons, if I don’t find it, I’ll update the BIOS, but I’m 90% sure it’s not bios

thanks again

plutomate

• MAJOR GENERAL
« Reply #13 on: 14-February-19, 19:43:38 »

if you suspect game boost, you can simply disable it and try again right

nubasina

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #14 on: 29-May-19, 23:03:09 »

hello topic starter - got same problem and same results on same hardware but another motherboard. same digits
https://i110.fastpic.ru/big/2019/0529/06/72300c40d0379bb97da6f402867eab06.png

mb somebody gonna fix this. This is maximum that I got...
Pages: [1]   Go Up