Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "System" temperature sensor location on the X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC mobo?  (Read 515 times)

p.wozniackiTopic starter

• SERGEANT

Does anyone happen to know where exactly is the "System" temperature sensor is located on the X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC mobo? This temperature has always been too high for my liking - over 50 C at idle; it's been so high since new but recently I'm observing it go higher and higher. If I know exactly which element is getting so hot without a reason, I might try to devise yet another case fan cooling this area down.

Also visible in the attached HWInfo64 screen are 2 sections for MSI X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC (MS-7B09) (IRF IR35201) and MSI X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC (MS-7B09) (IRF IR35204), each including VR Loop1 and VR Loop2 temperatures; am I right they are actually related to VRM / MOS temps?

Thanks,

Piotr

AMD TR 2990WX CPU | MSI X399 CARBON AC | 64GB RAM@XMP3200  | 2x Titan Xp GPU | 4x WD Black 3TB RAID0 media drive | 3x 1TB NVMe RAID0 cache drive | SSD SATA system drive | AX1600i PSU | Decklink 12G Extreme | Samsung UHD reference monitor (calibrated)

LBJistherealchamp

• MAJOR

Hi,

Nuvoton NCT6795D is located at the position shown in the attached photo.
It is covered by the heatsink.
I think the operating temperature of this chip is 0~70 degrees c, but I could not find its datasheet on google. 
I could only find a datasheet of another chip, and its operating temp is 0~70.

Hope this helps

p.wozniackiTopic starter

• SERGEANT

Thanks a lot!

So, what does everyone here thinks might be the reason for this chip/location to get so hot? Do you think I will need to RMA my board - sooner or later?

Thanks,

Piotr
AMD TR 2990WX CPU | MSI X399 CARBON AC | 64GB RAM@XMP3200  | 2x Titan Xp GPU | 4x WD Black 3TB RAID0 media drive | 3x 1TB NVMe RAID0 cache drive | SSD SATA system drive | AX1600i PSU | Decklink 12G Extreme | Samsung UHD reference monitor (calibrated)

LBJistherealchamp

• MAJOR

Hi,

Hm...
I think there is no need to RMA the motherboard.
You are using two TITAN Xp GPUs, so not having airflow decent enough for the super I/O chip to cool down should be the main problem.
Have you tried blowing some air directly to the chip to see if the temperature changes like it supposed to?
Pages: [1]   Go Up