Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Msi monitor  (Read 158 times)

wendy329531Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Msi monitor
« on: 10-June-19, 14:38:40 »

I have a cracked display for my MSI optix mag27cq monitor and I wanted to repair it myself. I have experience with fixing displays such as iPhone displays and laptop displays. I called customer service to see if they could provide me with a replacement display because I’d rather spend around 50~100 bucks to repair it rather than 400 to get a new one. They said that they don’t sell replacement parts and I would have to turn it over to them so that they could fix it for “only 350 dollars”. Really? This is complete bull crap. All you have to do is open up the pc, remove the damage display, add the new display, then screw it up again. Yet you guys are charging 350 dollars. I’ve been buying your products for years now but this kind of stuff makes me want to turn to asus. If anybody out there knows where I can get a replacement displays, please link me it. Thanks in advanced. @MSI this is really disappointing.

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
Re: Msi monitor
« Reply #1 on: 10-June-19, 15:32:59 »

Most manufacturers don't supply such spares, so I don't see the problem.
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

https://valid.x86.fr/mbld36

wendy329531Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 10-June-19, 19:02:43 »

Most manufacturers don't supply such spares, so I don't see the problem.

But 350$ for a display repair? That’s an absurd amount for such a simple fix

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 11-June-19, 12:23:03 »

Speak to Samsung or Apple. $400 for screen replacement, or $500 for used device on ebay  :rolleyes:
It is of course not helpful when pricing is higher than product is actually worth, but what can you do? Most manufacturers work this way.
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

https://valid.x86.fr/mbld36
Pages: [1]   Go Up