Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Optix MAG321CQR G-Sync Compatible ?  (Read 5841 times)

claybearTopic starter

• CORPORAL

Hello everyone, 
I just bought Optix MAG321CQR and it is amazing, but I do have one issue. I can not get G-Sync compatibility to enable, I have turned on Freesync in the OSD but when I go to enable the G-Sync option the check box unchecks after I hit apply. I was using a Scepter 27" monitor before I upgraded and that worked no issues.
 Any thoughts on this?

My system is a Ryzen 5 2600, MSI X470 pro carbon, 16 GB ram, EVGA GTX 1070 Ti

kevinv4512

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: Optix MAG321CQR G-Sync Compatible ?
« Reply #1 on: 23-March-19, 15:51:04 »

I am having the exact same issue! The checkbox is unchecking itself on Nvidia control panel, but only with my Optix MAG321CQR and not with my other "G-SYNC Compatible" monitors. I have confirmed that I am using the latest Nvidia Geforce drivers as well.

My system specs are attached in the file "dxdiag.txt".

Yang

• AIO Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 25-March-19, 19:10:53 »

claybearTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #3 on: 26-March-19, 16:22:18 »

I get that they are not on the Nvidia list but MSI produced a list that shows it is compatible  

Yang

• AIO Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 26-March-19, 23:31:58 »

MAG321CQR is support FreeSync.
For G-Sync, it must be setting FreeSync to Enabled first.

MAG321CQR is support FreeSync so should be used on G-Sync.
But it is not approved by NVIDIA so not on NVIDIA list.

claybearTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #5 on: 27-March-19, 08:10:35 »

Thank you for trying to help but as I stated in my original post I have turned on Freesync in the OSD and I get the option to enable G-Sync compatibility after doing so but for unknown reasons it will not allow me to enable it in that sub menu. I have tried every thing, different Display Port cables, Nvidia drivers from 417.71 all the way up to 419.67, fresh install of windows, driver install specifically for the monitor,  I even used MSI support option but they were absolutely no help(felt as if they didn't care if it worked or not) and my last test will be to try a RX580 graphics card (I have a few laying around) to see if Freesync is actually working. This is a pain in the butt just to get a feature that should work out of the box working.

Herlol1

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #6 on: 29-March-19, 14:44:22 »

Maybe theres an issue with that model? I dont have the same monitor as you but i know it works with a mag271cqr and rtx2070. As long as freesync is enabled i can activate gsync. I just tested it before posting this msg. Though i will say it does not work that well, it still flickers alot in most games.

claybearTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #7 on: 31-March-19, 03:55:38 »

Yeah I'm thinking it's the monitor I've been having other issues as well white lettering ghosting and I even had to do a power cycle of the monitor as the white lettering was show signs of rainbow effect today. I bought the extended warranty so I should be golden but the real question is do I try another one or go to a different brand/model. Oh yeah and one more thing I tried some quick Freesync testing with a RX580 today and does not appear to be working, going to try do more testing later today to verify.

claybearTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #8 on: 02-April-19, 23:46:42 »

So I have done my testing and I can confirm that by turning on Freesync in OSD menu it does trigger the software for both RX 580 and GTX 1070 Ti, but the software (Freesync/Adaptive sync) in the monitor is not working properly. with the RX 580 installed with the windmill Freesync test is shows that Freesync is enabled but it does not actually do anything in fact the ghosting from the windmill blades was absolutely horrible and the tearing was evident. uninstalling the AMD software and moving back to the GTX 1070 Ti the same test shows the monitor is not Freesync  compatible. I don't pretend to know what is going on with these monitors but the Freesync portion of them is not working correctly.  I will be doing a full video review of this monitor on my YouTube channel in the next couple of weeks.

VikingAesir

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #9 on: 03-April-19, 04:12:15 »

I'm having the exact same problem. I have a second screen that works and have used it's display port cable on the MSI screen but still has the same issue. I'm running an RTX 2080 OC.

remi.farge

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #10 on: 24-April-19, 00:57:55 »

Hi guys,

I was having the exact same problem as all of you, i found the solution in this thread : https://foro.elchapuzasinformatico.com/monitores/95485-problema-al-activar-el-sync-compatible.html

Use google translate to understand it, it worked for me, now the gsync works fine.

Hope it will help some of you !

claybearTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #11 on: 24-April-19, 01:47:06 »

I sure wish this worked for me but it does not. I have a Monitor review posted on my YouTube channel if you guys are interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjfMLBU924s&t=6s I still can not get this to work. 

Yang

• AIO Moderator
« Reply #12 on: 24-April-19, 04:41:18 »

MAG321CQR is not proved by NVIDIA.
So cannot 100% guarantee GSYNC compatible on MAG321CQR.
MSI monitors are not on NVIDIA list of GSYNC compatible.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/

claybearTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #13 on: 25-April-19, 01:33:54 »

Oh Yang you do have that cut and paste down pat but maybe some other trouble shooting we can try would be more helpful.

remi.farge

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #14 on: 25-April-19, 03:49:02 »

Hi claybear,

I have same monitor as you, i did limit frame screen at 138, and then it worked, you sure you did follow what they told?

claybearTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #15 on: 25-April-19, 13:53:06 »

Yes I followed it down to the letter tried multiple refresh rates from 100 to 140 in steps of of 2 and still no G-Sync compatibility. Having said that should we have to limit the refresh rate on a monitor that cost this much to make it work for some?

dario.b101

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #16 on: 03-May-19, 13:58:44 »

I have the MSI optix mag321cqr and been having the same issue and finally got it to work using the CRU by following along on https://foro.elchapuzasinformatico.com/monitores/95485-problema-al-activar-el-sync-compatible.html I only used CRU not rivatunner. An issue that I got me stuck was in the monitor OSD it was saying my refresh rate was 139 but in the Nvidia control panel, it showed 138. The compatibility option would still not stay checked. So I played around with CRU some more and changed the refresh rate to 137 restarted monitor through CRU and it changed my MSI OSD refresh rate to 138. When I went to check the compatibility option it stayed checked and gave the prompt that I was applying the setting to the monitor. The pendulum test showed g-sync enabled and running.  Only tested apex legends so far but it's smoooooooothhhh. Been looking for a solution for a while thanks for the help!!!

Blast2008

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #17 on: 04-May-19, 11:44:37 »

Any chance you can send the exact settings you used? I've also tried a range of frequencies with no success.

Thanks in advance!

HMS123

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #18 on: 10-May-19, 06:59:19 »

Same exact issue. monitor is two days old. using display port and pretty much tried every driver and limiting fps did not work. please please if you can spell it out in bullet points ill love you 3000.

claybearTopic starter

• CORPORAL

Hi guys, I finally got it to work here is a link to my YouTube video on how to get it to work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAiQBMqHIYg. I hope this helps you guys out.

HMS123

• PRIVATE E-2

Can confirm that claybear's method worked in above video!!!! thanks!!!!

Ric9mm

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Hi guys, I finally got it to work here is a link to my YouTube video on how to get it to work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAiQBMqHIYg. I hope this helps you guys out.
Worked for me as well.  Thank you, claybear.

giannicolor

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #22 on: 03-June-19, 09:32:12 »

Hi guys, I finally got it to work here is a link to my YouTube video on how to get it to work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAiQBMqHIYg. I hope this helps you guys out.

Thanks thanks thanks!!

vbarto3

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #23 on: 08-June-19, 07:39:21 »

Yes worked for me too 
Thanks so much for posting !!!!

Anyone having issues with green disappearing in FPS mode? 
Anyone found any good calibration for this mode?

Yang

• AIO Moderator
« Reply #24 on: 09-June-19, 20:23:32 »

For FPS mode, setting value is removed green color and then found enemy easily during gaming.
If don't like, please use "User" mode for playing.

allen.derr

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #25 on: 18-August-19, 19:53:41 »

A little late but for anyone having this issue watch and follow this video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAiQBMqHIYg&list=WL&index=17&t=0s
Pages: [1]   Go Up