Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question before buying WS65  (Read 284 times)

icampbe14Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Question before buying WS65
« on: 25-March-19, 18:17:38 »

Hello MSI people! I am a long time buyer of MSI laptops and components. I really need a new laptop and I would love to buy the MSI WS65. It seems like an amazing laptop. Quick question before that! I see that the WS65 only comes with a 512 GB SSD installed for its base configuration. I will need more storage than that if I am to use this laptop. Can I install another SSD or HDD? And if I do does that void a warranty?

Thank you for any response!

Ian

battledn

• CORPORAL
Re: Question before buying WS65
« Reply #1 on: 25-March-19, 23:19:58 »

Hi Ian, 
for WS65, there is NVMe PCIe gen3*4 slot only, if you would like to have more storage, may take a look of WS63 ;-))

icampbe14Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 26-March-19, 05:17:00 »

Hi Ian,
for WS65, there is NVMe PCIe gen3*4 slot only, if you would like to have more storage, may take a look of WS63 ;-))

Dear Battledn, Does the MSI WS65 not have two slots for SSDs?? Because I saw a picture of someone open it on this forum and it did have two slots....I don't need vastly more storage but I was hoping to have a TB, so I could just replace the 512 GB one that comes standard.

battledn

• CORPORAL
« Reply #3 on: 26-March-19, 23:47:41 »

Hiii Ian, yes you're right!
my bad.. sorry!
you can add another NVMe PCIe/ SATA as combo slot with WS65 for another storage.  You can check with local shops to add and upgrade for you to avoid warranty issue. :))
Pages: [1]   Go Up