Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BIOS UPDATE REQUEST - B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC for HDD WD40EFRX  (Read 387 times)

StanleyBTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Hello
I am having a problem to see full capacity of WD Red NAS WD40EFRX (4 TB) 3.5" SATA / 64MB Cache NASware 3.0
HDD is GPT and it shows just 2.73TB

Is possible to update this in the next version of BIOS or should I return this MB and get another one?

MORE DETAILS FROM SUBMITTED TOPIC ON MSI FORUM:
"
I've  purchased MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC with the latest UEFI BIOS version and WD Red NAS WD40EFRX (4 TB) does not show the correct capacity 
In the BIOS it found the HDD as WDC WD40EFRX-6, 3000.6GB
I tried to boot also from UEFI Flash drive and in GParted shows just 2.73 TB... the table is set as GPT I tried also in the latest stable Ubuntu and it doesn't show more 

I was buying this MB mainly to access this HDDs full capacity and wanted to buy more MBs like this for the business because have more WD40EFRXs

Can somebody help me to try to resolve this problem please?
Does somebody from you have WD40EFRX in your PC with this motherboard?

Can MSI update maybe this in the next bios? I have noticed another WD30EFRX NAS HDD is supported
"

Discussion for this topic on forum
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=318526.0

Please help MSI team

Nichrome

• Global Moderator

No need to open another topic.
>>Please read and comply with the Forum Rules.<<

For BIOS support, which we as forum community cannot help with, contact MSI: >>How to contact MSI.<<

:nichlock:
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

Errors are red, My screen is blue .I think I deleted, System32
Pages: [1]   Go Up