Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display lighting problem GE72MVR 7RG APACHE PRO  (Read 523 times)

jduggan007Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Display lighting problem GE72MVR 7RG APACHE PRO
« on: 01-November-18, 02:04:04 »

For some time when I turned my computer on the screen would get very bright. Now when I turn it on sometimes there is a brightness change and a few of the bottom lights on my screen turn off. It has been happening more often when I have the laptop plugged in. If I restart the computer, they come back on.

Could this be a firmware or driver issue? Or am I looking at a hardware problem?

annet

• CAPTAIN
Re: Display lighting problem GE72MVR 7RG APACHE PRO
« Reply #1 on: 01-November-18, 21:54:54 »

Hi, 
Two things for you to try. First, go to bios and see if the problem persists.
Second, connect you laptop to the external monitor and see if the problem also occurs.

jduggan007Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #2 on: 02-November-18, 02:14:32 »

When I go to the Bios am I just watching to see if the screen backlight do the same thing or am I doing something there?

When I have a second display attached I haven't observed the problem. 

The screen will do this only sometimes, but when it happens it seems like the screen settings go brighter, for example when I plug in the laptop the setting go from economy to full power making the display go brighter.

annet

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #3 on: 05-November-18, 04:49:50 »

Then we can basically confirm that the problem is related to the panel since it doesn't happen on the second screen.

Yes when you go to bios, check the backlights and see if the issue also happens. no need to do anything there.
Maybe take a pic and post it here if you don't mind.

jduggan007Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #4 on: 06-November-18, 03:22:56 »

For the previous question about having a second display attached, My main screen had a few backlights turn off but the connected screen stayed on. I toggled between screens and made the second display the only screen then changed it back to extend and the backlight came back on.

For the bios- In normal operation, my screen backlights went off as they have been and while it was happening I restarted my computer and went to the bios. The display backlights were all on, I stayed in the bios for about 5 minutes and they didn't turn off. I then exited the bios and booted the computer normally 2 minutes later the backlights went off again.

annet

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #5 on: 07-November-18, 01:05:49 »

Maybe try uninstalling your graphics drivers using DDU and install again.
And I want to clarify something. What do you mean by "the normal operation"? Is it that you just went straight to the desktop or you went to BIOS first and then proceeding to the desktop?

jduggan007Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #6 on: 07-November-18, 14:18:16 »

I just finished using DDU to uninstall the graphics drivers, they also were out of date a new version was available. So I followed the instructions for removal and reinstalled them with the new version. I will see if the problem continues and let you know. 

For my comment about normal operation. All I meant is when I turned the pc on I didn't run it in safe mode or anything special. I just turned it on. I was saying I was using the pc and the screen backlights went out so I selected restart and from there I went into the bios by pressing the delete key. When I got into the bios the backlights were back on. I stayed in the bios for about 5 minutes and the backlights all stayed on. So I exited the bios and the pc loaded windows. After it loaded about 2 minutes went by and the backlights went off again.

jduggan007Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #7 on: 08-November-18, 02:30:20 »

So after changing all the drivers yesterday, I was working on my computer today and unfortunately, the same problem is still happening.

annet

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #8 on: 09-November-18, 00:23:50 »

There's not much I can help you from here.
You should send the laptop to msi and let them take a look.

jduggan007Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #9 on: 09-November-18, 00:30:41 »

OK thanks for all your help.

caval.dorian

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #10 on: 25-April-19, 00:01:57 »

Bump.

Unfortunately i have the same issue since the first day i bought the laptop. I was not able to repair it under warrant because i was travelling a lot...
I tried 4-5 different nVidia driver versions. With the latest one, it happens after a few hours, with some older versions happens generally within 1 hour.

If it was a bad inverter i think that it would happen sooner?

Did anyone else had the issue and managed to resolve it?

It is bloody annoying that i spent $1600  on a laptop and my screen is faulty since the first day... I don't even want to mention overheating and lowering CPU voltage etc... very bad piece of equipment...
Now when the lights go out i get so frustrated that it is unbearable...

jduggan007Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #11 on: 25-April-19, 04:47:25 »

The issue for me is still not repaired. I also have been traveling and not able to get it in for repair yet. 
It has a very dark spot on the screen that comes on and off. It could be the screen itself or even the cable for the screen or both as I noticed that moving my screen at times it flickers.

Hope you can get yours sorted out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up