Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI Afterburner fixed voltage range on GTX 10 series  (Read 843 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

banfollowesmeTopic starter

• CORPORAL

Hello. I wonder if there is an option/control in MSI AB to set a min and max voltage borders, that cant be overrided by GPU PB 3.0. For example, i want my 1070ti to stay between 650 and 1000 mv dependent on frequency and load that defined by a frequency-voltage curve.

In common way 10 series videocards behave in the way when they are trying to keep the max frequency using 1050-1062 mv under load.
Thanks in adavance.

Formosan rock-monkey

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
Re: MSI Afterburner fixed voltage range on GTX 10 series
« Reply #1 on: 25-April-19, 01:16:00 »

Hello. I wonder if there is an option/control in MSI AB to set a min and max voltage borders, that cant be overrided by GPU PB 3.0. For example, i want my 1070ti to stay between 650 and 1000 mv dependent on frequency and load that defined by a frequency-voltage curve.

In common way 10 series videocards behave in the way when they are trying to keep the max frequency using 1050-1062 mv under load.
Thanks in adavance.
As I know, there is an option to adjust Core voltage but no options to stay the voltage at certain range.
But May I know what GPU PB is?

• CORPORAL
Re: MSI Afterburner fixed voltage range on GTX 10 series
« Reply #2 on: 25-April-19, 02:26:52 »

PB  is from Precision Boost, nvidia`s driver component that authomatically overclocks videocard where it is udner load and downclocks it on idle. 
PB is, from my view, is very non-controllable thing. It can overboost and overvolt videocard when there is voltage and clock limit are set in afterburner.
Marked as best answer by banfollowesme on 25-April-19, 14:23:21

Krank

• FIRST LIEUTENANT

@banfollowesme you can undervolt your 1070 Ti. The GPU will use less power, run cooler and can even show improved performance at the set frequency.

The daily undervolt for my 1070 Ti Duke is 1923MHz@900mV.

Open the Curve Editor, drag the 900mv curve point up a bit then click on the Apply button. Please note the Voltage curve point that is selected is dependent on Silicon quality and ambient room temperature, Y.M.M.V.

• CORPORAL

@banfollowesme you can undervolt your 1070 Ti. The GPU will use less power, run cooler and can even show improved performance at the set frequency.

The daily undervolt for my 1070 Ti Duke is 1923MHz@900mV.

Open the Curve Editor, drag the 900mv curve point up a bit then click on the Apply button. Please note the Voltage curve point that is selected is dependent on Silicon quality and ambient room temperature, Y.M.M.V.
Thanks, man! That is exactly what i was looking for! +rep
Pages: [1]   Go Up