Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First boot up issues  (Read 118 times)

mnemonicsTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
First boot up issues
« on: 13-May-19, 00:47:11 »

Hello, 

My specifications as follows:

AMD Ryzen 2600 (No Overclock)
MSI B450M Gaming Plus - Bios version 7B87v16 (Latest)
Asus Dual Fan RX580 (No Overclock)
8GB x 2 - Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
Corsair CX550M PSU
Samsung EVO 960 250GB  Boot Drive
Adata SU800 128GB - Storemi
Western Digital WDC2003FYPS-27Y2B0 - 2TB Storage
Corsair H150i Pro Cooler
Corsair 280x Case

Problem:

Every morning when I try to boot for the 1st time, the PC refuses to boot and the EZ debug light turns on the CPU part. 
When I restart the system after that, it boots normally. This consistently happens every morning. 
Even if I shutdown the system after the restart, and turn the system back on. It boots normally. 
So this only happens on first boot everytime. Which makes it hard to debug because it boots normally after initial boot + restart.
I hope someone can help me shed some light into this. Driving me nuts. 

Thanks.

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR
Re: First boot up issues
« Reply #1 on: 13-May-19, 02:17:46 »

Hello,
1/ Do a clear CMOS:
- Power off PSU, unplug the power cord and wait that all mobo's leds light off.
- Either
    . short JBAT1 during at least 20s
      (if you have not a jumper cap, use something like a screwdriver but be cautious to touch only the 2 pins of JBAT1) or
    . remove the battery cell during 30mn.
- Plug the power cord and power on.
- You would have a message, choose to enter in bios setup.
  Set "SETTINGS \ Advanced \ Windows OS Configuration \ Windows 10 WHQL Support" at "Enabled" or "UEFI" (change nothing else for the moment).
Result?
2/ If problem remains, verify that Windows Fast Startup is disabled:
- Enter in "Control Panel \ Power Options".
- Click "Choose what the power buttons do", then "Change settings that are currently unavailables".
  Search for "Turn on fast startup (recommended)" entry.
   . If you have it, uncheck.
   . If you have not,
     . enter in "Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options".
     . set "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart" at "Off".
Result?
3/ If problem remains, know that V1.60, who adds no more than "support new upcoming AMD CPU", is really buggy for current CPUs! Maybe, your problem is related. That is why I suggest is to downgrade to V1.40!
But, AMD (not MSI) refuses any downgrade from V2.80 so that M-Flash and Flashback+ cannot be used. Fortunately, the tool >>Flash tool[1.06] for MSI UEFI BIOS<< can downgrade. It has been developped by one forum's administrator, is reliable and has already saved many users. Use Flash Tool with >>Bios V1.40<< (E7B87AMS.140). Once the downgrade done, redo step #1.
Result?
Hoping it shall help,
:hat tip:
MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium (Bios 1.61)  –  Windows 7-10 Pro x64 (1809)  –  i7-6850K + BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 + Corsair Vengeance LPX Series DDR4 3466MHz 4x16Go + MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G + SSD Samsung, 1x 850 PRO 512GB (SATA) [Boot+OS drive] & 1x 970 PRO 1TB (NVMe) + HD SATAIII Seagate Barracuda, 7x 1TB & 1x 3TB + LG BR R/W + BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W 80PLUS Platinum +  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900 + HyperX Alloy Elite keyboard + HyperX Pulsefire FPS mouse

mnemonicsTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 16-May-19, 01:38:51 »

Hello,
1/ Do a clear CMOS:
- Power off PSU, unplug the power cord and wait that all mobo's leds light off.
- Either
    . short JBAT1 during at least 20s
      (if you have not a jumper cap, use something like a screwdriver but be cautious to touch only the 2 pins of JBAT1) or
    . remove the battery cell during 30mn.
- Plug the power cord and power on.
- You would have a message, choose to enter in bios setup.
  Set "SETTINGS \ Advanced \ Windows OS Configuration \ Windows 10 WHQL Support" at "Enabled" or "UEFI" (change nothing else for the moment).
Result?
2/ If problem remains, verify that Windows Fast Startup is disabled:
- Enter in "Control Panel \ Power Options".
- Click "Choose what the power buttons do", then "Change settings that are currently unavailables".
  Search for "Turn on fast startup (recommended)" entry.
   . If you have it, uncheck.
   . If you have not,
     . enter in "Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options".
     . set "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart" at "Off".
Result?
3/ If problem remains, know that V1.60, who adds no more than "support new upcoming AMD CPU", is really buggy for current CPUs! Maybe, your problem is related. That is why I suggest is to downgrade to V1.40!
But, AMD (not MSI) refuses any downgrade from V2.80 so that M-Flash and Flashback+ cannot be used. Fortunately, the tool >>Flash tool[1.06] for MSI UEFI BIOS<< can downgrade. It has been developped by one forum's administrator, is reliable and has already saved many users. Use Flash Tool with >>Bios V1.40<< (E7B87AMS.140). Once the downgrade done, redo step #1.
Result?
Hoping it shall help,

Thanks rbleroy91. I've tried all as you suggested, it still doesn't work. Right now I'm on bios 1.40 and repeated the same steps again. It still exhibit the same issue (first boot cpu ez debug light on and no POST). 
I'm running out of ideas as to what to do next.

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #3 on: 16-May-19, 02:18:26 »

Hello,
Right now I'm on bios 1.40 and repeated the same steps again.
:biggthumbsup:
It still exhibit the same issue (first boot cpu ez debug light on and no POST).
:undecided:  :think:
1/ Please, confirm: at this time, you have only changed "Windows 10 WHQL Support" in bios setup as I explained in my previous post, haven't you?
2/ Have you installed Windows directly on this pc or have moved the OS drive installed on another pc? In the 2nd case, do a clean install on this pc.
3/ Do you use a surge protector? If yes plug the pc directly in the wall outlet and retry.
4/ If problem remains, it sounds like a problem with the PSU...
To verify, either:
- Enter in bios setup and enable "SETTINGS \ Advanced \ Power Management Setup \ ErP Ready". Shutdown but do not switch off the PSU. Wait a very long time (to simulate a "first boot"). Power on.
or
- Try with another PSU (use only cables furnished with each PSU).
Result?
Have a good day,
MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium (Bios 1.61)  –  Windows 7-10 Pro x64 (1809)  –  i7-6850K + BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 + Corsair Vengeance LPX Series DDR4 3466MHz 4x16Go + MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G + SSD Samsung, 1x 850 PRO 512GB (SATA) [Boot+OS drive] & 1x 970 PRO 1TB (NVMe) + HD SATAIII Seagate Barracuda, 7x 1TB & 1x 3TB + LG BR R/W + BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W 80PLUS Platinum +  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900 + HyperX Alloy Elite keyboard + HyperX Pulsefire FPS mouse
Pages: [1]   Go Up