Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blackscreen before win install or stays at WIN logo after boot  (Read 501 times)

prisecaruicataTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Hello,

PC configuration:
MSI B450M PRO-VDH V2
HyperX Fury Black Series 16GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL18
ASUS PHOENIX GeForce GTX 1060 6G
Kingston A400 480GB 7mm
Samsung HDD 500GB
Ryzen 2600X

To summarize the history I have bouth this motherboard 1 month ago and with my old power source of 500 W it would not start if all the periferals were installed. If one or more were unplugged it would start. Therefore considering that the issue come from the PSU i bought another one and now it booted up.

Now the issue is as follows. After the boot it stays stuck at the first WIN logo screen, sometimes the little circle apears but no more that 2 dots. After I cut the power by the keeping the power button pressed for 2 times to force the repair mode, the same happens . Now it stays blocked at WIN logo, the difference is that it also writes "atempting repair mode"

I assumed that the WIN is busted so I made a new USB on my Kingstone 16 GB.After inserting the USB stick and booting up the PC , it stays on black screen after BIOS

Steps tried so far:
-patience: every step was tried multiple times and at least 1 time staid within each step 10-15 min
-used the usb in all 8 slots within the back of the PC and 2 in front
-used the RAM either both or singular within all the different slots
-remade the USB instal stick several times

Please advice what other steps I can take or what other information I can provide

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR

Hello,

1/ Keep only 1 RAM stick in DIMMA2 (2nd slot from CPU). Unconnect the 2 disks. Do a clear CMOS:
- Power off PSU, unplug the power cord and wait that all mobo's leds light off.
- Either
    . short JBAT1 during at least 20s
      (if you have not a jumper cap, use something like a screwdriver but be cautious to touch only the 2 pins of JBAT1) or
    . remove the battery cell during 30mn.
- Plug the power cord and power on.
- If you have display, you would see a message. Choose to use bios default values.
If you can enter in bios setup, verify the bios version. If it is V8.50, downgrade because this last, who adds no more than "support new upcoming AMD CPU", is really buggy for current CPUs. Because, AMD (not MSI) refuses any downgrade from V8.50 you cannot use M-Flash and Flashback+. Fortunately, the tool >>Flash tool[1.06] for MSI UEFI BIOS<< can downgrade. It has been developped by one forum's administrator, is reliable and has already saved many users. Use the tool with >>Bios V8.30<< (E7A38AMS.830).

2/ Download and run >>Microsoft Windows 10 Media Creation Tool<< to create an installation kit on an USB pen (it must have at least 8GB) with recent drivers. Connect only the disk where you want to install Windows. Enter in bios setup to set "SETTINGS \ Advanced \ Windows OS Configuration \ Windows 10 WHQL Support" at "Enabled" or "UEFI". Plug the Windows 10 installer pen (it should be better to plug it in an USB 2.0 port) and boot on it. Install should work. Select the connected disk and remove ALL its partitions. Click on "Next" (not "New").

Hoping it shall help,
:hat tip:
MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium (Bios 1.62)  –  Windows 7/10 (1903) Pro x64  –  i7-6850K + BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 + Corsair Vengeance LPX Series DDR4 3466MHz 4x16Go + MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G + SSD Samsung, 1x 850 PRO 512GB (SATA) [Boot+OS drive] & 1x 970 PRO 1TB (NVMe) + HD SATAIII Seagate Barracuda, 7x 1TB & 1x 3TB + LG BR R/W + BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W 80PLUS Platinum +  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900 + HyperX Alloy Elite keyboard + HyperX Pulsefire FPS mouse

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Hello,

First of all thank you for your reply.

I did all the steps and the result is still the same

The bios version has been e7a38ams.800 and now is e7a38ams.830

Based on my tinkering so far I saw the following(not sure it can help)
- with WIN install USD it always go to blackscreen regardless if I put WHQL enabled or not , or either if it is HDD+SSD or either HDD / SDD
-with only the Kingstone SSD (the one that had WIN 10 installed on it)it goes to a screen where it is written "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"
-with only the Samsung HDD inserted it gives a bluescreen with the error  0xc00000e
-with both of them inserted it goes to the WIN logo screen as previously

One more thing I have noticed is that within the boot list , intial there is a list of UEFI then there is only one of the SSD or HDD, depending on the one that is within the SATA 1.

Extra steps have been to use all the 4 SATA ports in all combinations possible

Please let me know if there is any other thing I can try.

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR

Hello,
I did all the steps and the result is still the same
:undecided:
1/ Please, confirm that you are using only the cables furnished wit the new PSU (not of the old one).
2/ Do all of that:
- Unconnect all the disk (SATA, M2 and USB).
- Keep only 1 RAM stick and plug it in DIMMA2 (2nd slot from CPU).
- Do again a clear CMOS and, when asked, change only 'Windows 10 WHQL Support" by enabling it (nothing else).
- Plug the USB pen created with >>Microsoft Windows 10 Media Creation Tool<< in one USB 2.0 port on the back panel (those below the PS/2 port). Boot on it (if required, press [F11] at MSI logo screen and choose it).
Does Windows installer starts? Have you display?
Have a good day,
MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium (Bios 1.62)  –  Windows 7/10 (1903) Pro x64  –  i7-6850K + BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 + Corsair Vengeance LPX Series DDR4 3466MHz 4x16Go + MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G + SSD Samsung, 1x 850 PRO 512GB (SATA) [Boot+OS drive] & 1x 970 PRO 1TB (NVMe) + HD SATAIII Seagate Barracuda, 7x 1TB & 1x 3TB + LG BR R/W + BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W 80PLUS Platinum +  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900 + HyperX Alloy Elite keyboard + HyperX Pulsefire FPS mouse

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Thank you again for responding to this query.

I have now set up with the cables that had come with the motherboard. Unfortunately this did not change the result, I have checked all the possible combination and the result is as described last time.

On the second part, I followed all the steps and there are 2 cases
-just with the USB stick it stays in balckscreen
-if I press F11 when the logo and bios options appear and then select the USB stick then it stays on a screen where the motherboard logo and motto are on the screen and not going anywhere from there

Any other actions I might take?

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR

Hello,
To summarize the history I have bouth this motherboard 1 month ago and with my old power source of 500 W it would not start if all the periferals were installed. If one or more were unplugged it would start. Therefore considering that the issue come from the PSU i bought another one and now it booted up.
1/ What the new PSU model? Same for the old one?
2/ Sorry but I must ask: are you sure to use the good PSU's output for CPU-PWR1?
3/ If you replace the new PSU with the old one (using cables of the last one), what happen in that case:
Do all of that:
- Do again a clear CMOS and, when asked, change only 'Windows 10 WHQL Support" by enabling it (nothing else).
- Plug the USB pen created with >>Microsoft Windows 10 Media Creation Tool<< in one USB 2.0 port on the back panel (those below the PS/2 port). Boot on it (if required, press [F11] at MSI logo screen and choose it).
Have a good day,

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Hello,

The new PSU is Seasonic S12II-620. The old one was a Segatop 500W

I understand, don't worry , sometimes most issues are solved by the most obvious mistakes. There is only one 8 pin core for this Montherboard and it is formed by 2x4pin, and there is only 1 wire like this. Therefore I assume it is correct,also I suppose it would not run if the CPU is not correctly wired

The reason I changed the PSU is due to the fact that with the old PSU and all periferals inserted the PC would not power up. But if I would disconect either both SSD+HDD or the Video card it would run , but of course not functional

If this information si usefull , on the EX debug lights when I power it up , first the CPU and DRAm both light up, they close then the VGA and stops and briefly then BOOT and then there is no light open

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR

If this information si usefull , on the EX debug lights when I power it up , first the CPU and DRAm both light up, they close then the VGA and stops and briefly then BOOT and then there is no light open
It is the good news because the sequence goes to end without error! :biggthumbsup:
The reason I changed the PSU is due to the fact that with the old PSU and all periferals inserted the PC would not power up. But if I would disconect either both SSD+HDD or the Video card it would run , but of course not functional
Please, do that and tell me:
If you replace the new PSU with the old one (using cables of the last one), what happen in that case:
Do all of that:

Have a good day,

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Unfotunatelly no change.

If it helps, I also used a ols video card(if I remember correctly it was a Nvidia 520) and the results stay the same

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR

Unfotunatelly no change.
:cry:
If it helps, I also used a ols video card(if I remember correctly it was a Nvidia 520) and the results stay the same
I think about that but you have already tried... :cry:

For the moment, keep the pc with only 1 RAM stick plugged in DIMMA2 + without any drive (SATA, M2 and USB, including the CD/DVD reader) except the installation USB key plugged in one USB2.0 port below the PS/2 !
1/ What is the monitor model (do not use a TV)? Can you try with another monitor?
2/ How is it connected to the 1060? Direct cable or adapter? Can you try with another cable?
3/ Can you change the PSU's cable and output (another PCIe header) used to power the 1060?
Have a good day,

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Hello again,

Based on the new instructions , monitor is a Philips 246E, I tried to use also the TV. I will only provide video input if I plug either the TV or Monitor within the hdmi in the middle of my video card, no other provides input, not even the motherboard HDMI input.

It is connected through direct cable.

Both PSU have only 1 PCI-E cable, though the Seasonic has on the same line 2 outputs, tried every output the result stays the same

Is there any other direction we can aproach?

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR

Hello,
I will only provide video input if I plug either the TV or Monitor within the hdmi in the middle of my video card, no other provides input, not even the motherboard HDMI input.
Ok, the 1060 requires only one.
I will only provide video input if I plug either the TV or Monitor within the hdmi in the middle of my video card, no other provides input, not even the motherboard HDMI input.
- It is normal that mobo's video ports do not dispaly anything because your CPU has not an embedded GPU.
- Do you say that you have bios setup displayed on the Philips when it is connected to the 1060's HDMI (it is normal it remains at bios setup because you have none disk connected)?
Have a good day,

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Hello,

Yes displaying the bios options and function has not been an issue. Everything seems to function untill after bios withouth any issue.

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR

Hello,

1/ Load bios V8.20 with M-Flash doing exactly that:
- Download >>Bios V8.20<<.
- Take an USB pen having no more than 16GB (physical size) with only one partition.
   Verify it with CHKDSK.
- Unzip it and copy the file "E
7A38AMS.8.20" on the root of the USB pen.
- Boot and enter in Bios Setup. Press [F6], confirm, press [F10] and confirm. Pc should restart.
- Enter again in Bios Setup.
- Plug the USB pen into one port on the back panel (better to use a 2.0).

- Run M-Flash;
be cautious to not abort it before the end (can last up to 5mn).
- Power off PSU, unplug the power cord and wait that all mobo's leds light off.
After that, plug the USB pen created with >>Microsoft Windows 10 Media Creation Tool<< in one USB 2.0 port on the back panel (those below the PS/2 port) and boot on it (if required, press [F11] at MSI logo screen and choose it). Result?

2/ If problem remains, I believe that your GPU is bad. The Nvidia 520 is too old. Have you a more recent GC to try? Or, have you another running pc to test the ASUS PHOENIX GeForce GTX 1060 6G?

Have a good day,

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Hello and thank you for your reply,

I have made the 8.20 version as the last time I have made the 8.30.

The issue is that within Bios nothing happens if I press F6 or F10 

Not the bios will not update, it will go to a black screen that writes " An operating system wasn't found, try disconnectin any drivers that don't contain an operating syste,. Press any key to restart"

I did a CMOS restart also just to be sure and it dit not help

For the second point, yes I had an MSI board that was used untill last Thursday, model H61M-P21 (B3) now it has the same issues as this last one.The thing is that I previously thought that the motherboard was the issue also when I bought a ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM and had the same issues as with this one, and when I reinstalled the old motherboard with the I5 it worked ok. So I returned that motherboard and bought the same MSI. Now for some reason after all the tinkering I did both of them will show the same simptoms.

So 3 motherboards provide same results, changing it again will not guarantee solving the issue unfortunatelly

If you have any other ideas would be highly apreciated

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR

The issue is that within Bios nothing happens if I press F6 or F10
Not the bios will not update, it will go to a black screen that writes " An operating system wasn't found, try disconnectin any drivers that don't contain an operating syste,. Press any key to restart"
In other way, you missed display when using also Bios Setup; yes, not at the begining but when you want to load default who forces an updated display.
For me, there is 2 possibilities:
- RAM stick, but you have already tested.
- Graphic card:
2/ If problem remains, I believe that your GPU is bad. The Nvidia 520 is too old. Have you a more recent GC to try? Or, have you another running pc to test the ASUS PHOENIX GeForce GTX 1060 6G?
It is useless to try to install Windows if you cannot even load default values in bios setup; focuse on that at this time!
Good luck,

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

ok then, thank you for your time

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR

You are :welcome: 
Let me known about the result with another graphic card.
Good luck for the next,
Pages: [1]   Go Up