Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GS65 8RF dual EVO's 970 1TB not recognised  (Read 144 times)

gigiTopic starter

• CORPORAL
GS65 8RF dual EVO's 970 1TB not recognised
« on: 22-May-19, 07:17:51 »

Hi,

I've made another thread on 2nd issue I have with this laptop returned from repair. Repair was because of bad screen.

I've put 2x Samsung EVO 970 1TB in it, they get recognised by Win 10 Pro 64bit (1809), so they are visible and working.

Run CrystalDiskMark 6 and I've got only 1700MB read/write speeds. So I've installed Samsung Magician 5.3.1 and tried to install latest Samsung NVME drivers (3.1).

The issue I've got is that Driver installer says that drives are not NVME and Magician does not recognise them (not supported message). I've removed drivers on both drives, restart, and Win 10 device manager says that I have the latest driver installed (dates on 2006!)...

Before the repair I have one of these 2 disks in that laptop working full at speed and recognised by Magician.

I've read a bit around, but I can't find any good lead.

The best answer I've found was set to AHCI in BIOS. By default it's enabled Intel RST, but I don't want to run RAID. If I change it to AHCI, laptop will crash into BSOD every time, system not working.

Is there anything more to check in BIOS (I know how to get into hidden advanced settings) or any other solution?

Thank you.

RaiderGamer

• MAJOR
Re: GS65 8RF dual EVO's 970 1TB not recognised
« Reply #1 on: 22-May-19, 10:13:36 »

try reset bios, update bios, update ec, reset ec properly

and possibly reinstall windows

gigiTopic starter

• CORPORAL
Re: GS65 8RF dual EVO's 970 1TB not recognised
« Reply #2 on: 23-May-19, 01:21:31 »

Hello,

luckily none of the suggested methods wasn't needed. I've followed this article:

http://triplescomputers.com/blog/uncategorized/solution-switch-windows-10-from-raidide-to-ahci-operation/

and it actually worked.

Crystal Disk shows now 3500MB read speeds. I haven't put NVME drivers on yet, but now Magician recognizes the drives!

Q: should I put Samsung NVME drivers 3.1 on or leave Win default...??
Pages: [1]   Go Up