Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI RTX 2070 AERO 8G Fan Ramps Up To Very Loud  (Read 150 times)

sbr.myphoneTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Fan ramps up to very loud in less than 30 seconds after launching any game, i guess it goes to max rpm, when I'm not playing any game it's silent, installed the card on my pc yesterday evening it's barely 12 hours ago,

Windows 10 1903 x64
Driver version 430.64

Help please

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
Re: MSI RTX 2070 AERO 8G Fan Ramps Up To Very Loud
« Reply #1 on: 23-May-19, 11:32:29 »

Have you tried a different VGA drivers?
Can you check the log to see the exact RPM?
Or run GPU-Z for example and keep it run while testing

sbr.myphoneTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 23-May-19, 15:05:48 »

I haven't tried any other drivers considering its the 1st driver i have installed on my pc while using this gpu and its a fresh install of windows 10 1903 upto date, the rpm shows around 3197

cyb3rs34l

• CORPORAL
« Reply #3 on: 23-May-19, 19:36:29 »

I would suggest that you install MSI afterburner and follow the instructions here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=wmxg2XIjD-4 

This should help you get a stable overclock on the card,  Additionally you have the options if enabled to adjust the fans and at what percentage they will run at and at what temps the fans will increase at.

To set the fans to your liking, after MSI afterburner is installed, you will see a gear shaped Icon click on that, then go to the tab located at the top labeled " Fan" ; from here click on the check box that says " Enable user defined software automatic fan control".

It will then bring up a graph you can click on those little dots and adjust the fans accordingly.  The numbers on the right by default are the percentage that the fans will run at to the correlating temperature at the bottom of the graph.

If that doesn't help you (which I am thinking it should) I like to use AIDA64 extreme to monitor what everything is doing.  you may see something there that you don't anywhere else sometimes.

I am hoping this helps you out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up