Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Advanced search    

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SSD randomly disappearing in BIOS and W10 and other issues on P65  (Read 280 times)

michel.fouvetTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

I bought a P65 RE in December and have some issues, i would like to know if you experienced the same and maybe get some help from you on my SSD issue

Pb 1 : my computer was some time not wanted to restart without being plugged even if battery was fully charged. I had also some time same the laptop going dead and same thing to restart only when , mostly when moving it physically.  this seems to have disappear so maybe the bios update was the key... anybody having the same issue?
pb 2 : one of my fan is starting making noise, I don't want to have the laptop for several days or weeks at the repair shop even if under warranty, any ideas if we can get the part from MSI and do the repair myself.
Pb 3 and more serious : I installed an additional SSD Crucial in NVMe and from time to time, it does not show up in Bios or disappear from Windows. it reappears automatically after some restart of the laptop but it is scaring as one day it may not appear again. the SSD is perfectly mounted physically so it cannot be a bad contact. 
for same reason than above I would like to avoid to get the laptop immobilised for weeks to get this fix at the distributor shop and would prefer fixing the things myself

Waiting for your comment or from MSI support. I tried to write to them but the server seems always off :-(

My BIOS version E16Q3IMS.105

thank you in advance

carion.aurelien

• PRIVATE E-2

hi,
I'm french...with P65 8RE
vous aussi? Michel?

I have the same problem with Crucial SSD CT1000P1SSD8...
i have no solution at this time.

and,
The origin SSD 512gb is not a Kingston...but Western Digital....
Msi...o_0

michel.fouvetTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Yes, I am French

I power cycle my ssd and it seems it solve the problem but at the same time i stop using my ssd as host for program so  am using far less than before. 
I used the alternate method described in the following link
https://dfarq.homeip.net/fix-dead-ssd/

hope it will also solve your problem. 
Keep me informed

carion.aurelien

• PRIVATE E-2

Hello,

Yes, that's what Crucial asked me to do in troubleshooting.
But that did not really solve the problem.

Example from so many others:
As soon as I copy files on this SSD, and I cancel the current copy, the SSD bug, I have to turn off the PC.

I asked Crucial for a replacement.
The service is perfect.
[/pre]

bonjour,
Merci pour ta réponse, je me sens moins seul.

Oui, c'est ce que Crucial m'as demandé de faire en dépannage, un cycle d'alimentation.
Mais ça n'as pas réellement résolu le problème.

Exemple parmi tant d'autre:
Dés que je copie des fichiers sur ce SSD, et que j'annule la copie en cours, le SSD bug, je dois éteindre le PC.

j'ai demandé un remplacement à Crucial.
Le SAV est parfait, en espérant que le problème soit réglé.

As tu téléchargé le logiciel Crucial executive storage et tenté une mise à jour du firmware ou de faire un test sur ce SSD?
moi ni l'un ni l'autre ne fonctionne.
Mise a jour introuvable, et problème de pilote pour les tests...

Edit, After update Crucial Executive Storage, i can upgrade the SSD firmare.
Pages: [1]   Go Up