Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last BIOS time  (Read 247 times)

robert.rudnik77Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Last BIOS time
« on: 14-June-19, 16:48:50 »

Hi peeps.
I've built a brand new PC with pretty solid system on MSI Z390 Godlike with BIOS Click 5.
Everything was perfect until I connected the mass storage HDD Barracuda Compute.
Before my PC was having around 6-7 seconds in last bios time and after connecting the HDD
I have around 26-28 seconds.
I also compared with my 3 years old laptop which has under 2 secs in last bios time - the laptop boots really fast.
What's the deal here ?
I deactivated  all boot options accept the one that's needed in the bios as well,
so computer doesn't look for Windows anywhere else.

Please help, people.
It's really annoying spending almost 10 G's on a new machine and having so slow boot time.
After the boot, computer runs really well and all, but that last bios time is really annoying.

Sincerely.
Robert.

sunscreen

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
Re: Last BIOS time
« Reply #1 on: 14-June-19, 18:07:10 »

Something is clearly wrong, adding a single HDD should  not add 20 seconds to boot time.
How many drives are you using?  Any NVMe or SATA SSD drives?
In your BIOS settings, how are the drives detected?
Please check the settings, somewhere something is taking a long time and it's hard to believe that the Seagate Barracuda Compute would do that.

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 14-June-19, 18:17:32 »

I use 2 Samsung 970 PRO 1TB M.2 SSD's - one of them has Windows on it.
And that Barracuda HDD for mass storage.
Literally before connecting the HDD, the computer was booting fine...
After I connected the HDD, the last bios time more than tripled to 27 seconds.
And how is this possible that a 3-year old laptop boots faster than a new, powerful desktop anyways ???
And what do you mean by "How the drives are detected" ?

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #3 on: 14-June-19, 18:36:23 »

Hello,
I suppose the new HDD is connected to SATA1.
1/ Do a clear CMOS:
- Power off PSU, unplug the power cord and wait that all mobo's leds light off.
- Keep the upper button on the backpanel pressed during at least 20s.
- Plug the power cord and power on.
- When asked, enter in bios setup when asked.
 Set "SETTINGS \ Advanced \ Windows OS Configuration \ Windows 10 WHQL Support" at "Enabled" or "UEFI" (change nothing else for the test).
2/ If problem remains, enter in Windows and verify the HDD with >>Seagate SeaTools<<.
3/ If HDD is without errors, change it SATA cable.
4/ Enter in bios setup, click on "SETTINGS \ Boot \
Boot Option Priorities" and select only the 970 with OS.
5/
In Windows, verify that Windows Fast Startup is disabled:
- Enter in "Control Panel \ Power Options".
- Click "Choose what the power buttons do", then "Change settings that are currently unavailables".
  Search for "Turn on fast startup (recommended)" entry.
   . If you have it, uncheck.
   . If you have not,
     . enter in "Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options".
     . set "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart" at "Off".

Hoping it shall help,
:hat tip:
MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium (Bios 1.62)  –  Windows 7/10 (1903) Pro x64  –  i7-6850K + BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 + Corsair Vengeance LPX Series DDR4 3466MHz 4x16Go + MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G + SSD Samsung, 1x 850 PRO 512GB (SATA) [Boot+OS drive] & 1x 970 PRO 1TB (NVMe) + HD SATAIII Seagate Barracuda, 7x 1TB & 1x 3TB + LG BR R/W + BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W 80PLUS Platinum +  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900 + HyperX Alloy Elite keyboard + HyperX Pulsefire FPS mouse

ram148280

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 15-June-19, 05:29:53 »

Just Format your Primary Hard drive and Reinstall windows 8.1 or win 10 after that download BIOS Update Driver from msi website may be its very helpfull for u thanks

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #5 on: 15-June-19, 05:59:40 »

So I got home and to just make 100% sure it is the HDD
that causes slow boot, I disconnected the disk from the mobo and started the computer.
Boots a lot faster - 7-8 seconds last bios time - and with HDD hooked 27-28 seconds - so yeah,
the HDD adds about 20 seconds to the last bios time causing the computer using much
longer time until the Windows login screen.
I'm gonna run SeaTools and report back as soon as I'm done.
Stay with me here guys, please - I have a feeling I won't be able to solve it on my own
and gonna need your help here :)
Thanks a lot so far.

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #6 on: 15-June-19, 10:19:50 »

Don‘t worry we will help!
Do all I explained and tell me.
Have a nice day.
MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium (Bios 1.62)  –  Windows 7/10 (1903) Pro x64  –  i7-6850K + BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 + Corsair Vengeance LPX Series DDR4 3466MHz 4x16Go + MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G + SSD Samsung, 1x 850 PRO 512GB (SATA) [Boot+OS drive] & 1x 970 PRO 1TB (NVMe) + HD SATAIII Seagate Barracuda, 7x 1TB & 1x 3TB + LG BR R/W + BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W 80PLUS Platinum +  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900 + HyperX Alloy Elite keyboard + HyperX Pulsefire FPS mouse
Pages: [1]   Go Up