Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GS65 keyboard light color not changing after SteelSeries engine update  (Read 524 times)

sadanandkshatriyaTopic starter

• CORPORAL

Dear Friends,
Need you support, yesterday I have updated the SteelSeries engine to latest i.e. 3.15.1
After the update now my keyboard lights are not getting changed as per the setting.
Tried uninstalling & reinstalling SteelSeries engine. Also uninstalled the keyboard drivers & reinstalled but still same problem.
Last time after update I had same issue but that was resolved by doing something but I don't remember it.
Please help me guys.

RaiderGamer

• MAJOR

if everything is working perfect on ur pc dont update things

if it aint broke dont fix it

unintall the app and then search your computer for traces and delete those

or maybe this could uninstall it better

https://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php

• CORPORAL

Thank you for the feedback but I have tried IObit bro, same problem. please help me how to delete trace files?

pennknig

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL

Dear Friends,
Need you support, yesterday I have updated the SteelSeries engine to latest i.e. 3.15.1
After the update now my keyboard lights are not getting changed as per the setting.
Tried uninstalling & reinstalling SteelSeries engine. Also uninstalled the keyboard drivers & reinstalled but still same problem.
Last time after update I had same issue but that was resolved by doing something but I don't remember it.
Please help me guys.
Software writers can make fantastic software, bur generally make real crappy uninstaller s that leave remnants in C and leftover registry entries.
Just using a programs uninstaller some time just isn't enough.
Try this: https://www.ccleaner.com/
Do the same thing you did before but do a clean of C and the registry as well.

• CORPORAL

Thank you for the support. 
But tried by using ccleaner. Registry also cleaned but same problem. 
Really frustrated now. 
Please please help.

pennknig

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL

Thank you for the support.
But tried by using ccleaner. Registry also cleaned but same problem.
Really frustrated now.
Please please help.
I had this as well on my GT75, somehow it corrected itself, cant remember how or what I did.
So SS is installed properly, with no errors, then its other software/firmware.
Have you done an EC reset?

• CORPORAL

No I have not done ec reset. How to do it? Does it has any risk?

pennknig

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL

No I have not done ec reset. How to do it? Does it has any risk?
1st, Is your notebook up to date in all its firmware? Bios/EC? If not, do the bios then the ec.
The correct method of resetting the bios and EC for your notebook is included in the zip folders with their download.
https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GS65-Stealth-Thin-8RE#down-bios

• CORPORAL

Hi, 
I already have latest bios & ec. Should I reflash the same boss & ec?

pennknig

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL

Hi,
I already have latest bios & ec. Should I reflash the same boss & ec?
Check for a newer version of your BIOS through the Device Manager, EC is a manual update.
I'm inclined to say that the issue is EC (Firmware), SCM or some other software issue.
Just have to find the culprit.

freeyh

• CAPTAIN

Uninstall the SteelSeries engine and delete the folder (Path: C:\Program Files\SteelSeries)
Then reinstall the SteelSeries again and make sure under SteelSeries engine can recognize your laptop's keyboard.

Besides, have your tired to install the previous version or the version list on the MSI website and see if the same issue happen?

• CORPORAL

Hi,
I have already tried by uninstalling & deleting the folder, same issue. I have also tried 2 different previous versions still same problem. Can I directly reset Ec firmware? What is the exact procedure to only reset the EC firmware? The msi user guide doesn't provide any procedure just to reset Ec. There is a button at laptop backside for aeC reset but I am not getting exact procedure to use it.

pennknig

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL

Hi,
I have already tried by uninstalling & deleting the folder, same issue. I have also tried 2 different previous versions still same problem. Can I directly reset Ec firmware? What is the exact procedure to only reset the EC firmware? The msi user guide doesn't provide any procedure just to reset Ec. There is a button at laptop backside for aeC reset but I am not getting exact procedure to use it.
EC reset instructions for YOUR notebook is included in the zip folder.
Your user manual: http://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/16Q2_v1.0_English.zip

Your EC zip: http://download.msi.com/archive/frm_exe/nb/16Q2EMS1.107.zip

• CORPORAL

Thank you. Tried with EC reset but still same issue. Is it ok to re-flsah same bios & Ec as I already have latest versions.

• CORPORAL

Tried by reflashing bios & Ec still same problem, now really worried. Please suggest.

• CORPORAL

Just a small software update ruined everything. Feeling really sad. I guess the link between the keyboard software & keyboard hardware is broken.

pennknig

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL

Just a small software update ruined everything.
I guess the link between the keyboard software & keyboard hardware is broken.
Do you have a restore point far enough back before all this happened?
Might be a good time to take a close look at how much of C is allocated to restore points. I have 15% of 250GB OS drive set aside, All my stuff goes to D, nothing other than the OS in C.

nudave

• PRIVATE E-2

Following - I have a similar problem.  Updating to the newest Steelseries engine broke the keyboard back light.  What's really weird is that the function + keys still work and light up when the function key is pressed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up