Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: missing a piece and looking to buy a replacement  (Read 154 times)

youcefthomasTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
missing a piece and looking to buy a replacement
« on: 22-June-19, 20:57:47 »

hello,

today I recently bought an MSI GE62 laptop and was going to install one of my SSDs into it but noticed that I was missing the chassis/dock for it image here but is supposed to be in.

I found a tutorial video that has the dock in it here. I was wondering if it is possible to get a replacement dock somewhere and if that's not possible, what can I do about it?

thanks in advance

pennknig

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
Re: missing a piece and looking to buy a replacement
« Reply #1 on: 22-June-19, 22:05:39 »

hello,
today I recently bought an MSI GE62 laptop and was going to install one of my SSDs into it but noticed that I was missing the chassis/dock for it image here but is supposed to be in.
I found a tutorial video that has the dock in it here. I was wondering if it is possible to get a replacement dock somewhere and if that's not possible, what can I do about it?
thanks in advance
Not going to happen.

annet

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #2 on: 24-June-19, 01:37:25 »

hello,

today I recently bought an MSI GE62 laptop and was going to install one of my SSDs into it but noticed that I was missing the chassis/dock for it image here but is supposed to be in.

thanks in advance
What's the full name of your model? You do realize your model is different from the model in the video, don't you? So the layout can be different.
The connector you referred to, it seems that it's where the hard disk locates.
In the video, where the guy installs the SSD is a space reserved for the hard disk, so it should be a SATA connector.
Also in the picture you provided, I see the hard disk locates on the left side, which means you model does have the connector but the location is different. It's not missing.

ranron

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #3 on: 24-June-19, 11:27:45 »

I see the pads on the board in your picture, but I don't think MSI will sell you a part that requires soldering.

pennknig

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
« Reply #4 on: 24-June-19, 12:34:34 »

I still say its not going to happen, ever.
You will have to custom your BIOS and EC for this project to work.
Can you write code?
Pages: [1]   Go Up