Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is my MSIGS65 Stealth Thin 8RE compatible with a Samsung Evo 970 NVMe SSD 1Tm.2?  (Read 252 times)

jordantan899Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

I read that I should ask MSI support if I can install a new SSD as newer NVME SSD versions might have issues with the BIOS version of my laptop.

Please help!

WƧI ꓵƨԍʁ Էoʁnw

• MAJOR GENERAL

I read that I should ask MSI support if I can install a new SSD as newer NVME SSD versions might have issues with the BIOS version of my laptop.

Please help!
Yes its compatible, all 3 slots.
In Canada Call MSI @ 1-888-447-6564
Mon-Fri 5:00AM-4:00AM PST (Weekend and Holiday closed)
Note: RMA, Customer Service, Technical Support
Global 1-800 listings https://www.msi.com/page/hot-line

jordantan899Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

thanks, so i can install samsung 970 evo plus or pro to my laptopwithout needing to update BIOS?  using ot as a data drive and not as a boot drive. Im afraid to buy the latest SSD because I read somewhere that MSI might have compati ility issues

WƧI ꓵƨԍʁ Էoʁnw

• MAJOR GENERAL

thanks, so i can install samsung 970 evo plus or pro to my laptopwithout needing to update BIOS?  using ot as a data drive and not as a boot drive. Im afraid to buy the latest SSD because I read somewhere that MSI might have compati ility issues
Plus is good as a storage drive, it has really fast 4K writes and this is what you need for large movie, music and picture file/folders.
Pro is a waste of money as its for the benchmark geek crowd....IMO
An operating system drive needs fast RANDOM writes as it updating the OS and software.
In Canada Call MSI @ 1-888-447-6564
Mon-Fri 5:00AM-4:00AM PST (Weekend and Holiday closed)
Note: RMA, Customer Service, Technical Support
Global 1-800 listings https://www.msi.com/page/hot-line
Pages: [1]   Go Up