Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Advanced search    

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Msi dominator pro gt70 2pe  (Read 142 times)

ahmed.mohamed.anis23Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Msi dominator pro gt70 2pe
« on: 24-June-19, 13:56:25 »

Hello
I have msi dominator pro 70 2pe
It shut down by it self after 1-2 minutes of boot (no windows installed) since it was bricked (bios) i took it to repair shop he flashed a new bios but i noticed thats not the version i was using mine was newer and the latest i think because it was a new interface of msi bios not aptio
My current version is E1763IMS.51D ami aptio (the installed one before i dont know which of versions exactly)
Ec version 1763EMS1 ver 7.13
Vbios last updated
I want to know what the reason of shutdown after 1 minute and few seconds
The only strange thing i noticed is the market model in bios
Mine is gt70 2pe (the laptop)
The bios shows gt70 20C
I think he installed the  E1763IMS.51D for the dominator pro gt70 20C instead of 2pe
Is that the reason of restart
I dont think its over heated processor
I used ultimate boot cd memtest and cpu says max 73c temp
I dont have any chances except install  E1763IMS.51D but for 2pe
Is that may the reason of shutdown(not same marketing model)
Is it safe to install the same  E1763IMS.51D but for my laptop model gt70 2pe instead of gt70 20c
Also is it safe while it shutdown after 1 and some seconds (will it shutdown during update?) If someone of msi gt70 2pe support team can tell me the time of updating the bios and ec of msi dominator pro gt70 2pe that will be nice
If there is versions after  E1763IMS.51D please advice which versions on msi dominator pro gt 70 2pe support page i should use and ec firmware also which for which version
I want to use the version that was on my laptop that shows msi bios not aptio it give me alot of options if not possible just advice the solution for shutdown

Thanks in advance

RaiderGamer

• MAJOR
Re: Msi dominator pro gt70 2pe
« Reply #1 on: 24-June-19, 14:46:37 »

pennknig

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
« Reply #2 on: 24-June-19, 14:51:50 »

....................................... ............................
Thanks in advance
Go into the Device Manager and if there is an update for the BIOS it will be there (Possibly).
Often the bios is newer using this method as MSI is really relaxed about updating the website.
You current bios might be the repair install version, IDK, you can ask support.

annet

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #3 on: 25-June-19, 02:08:35 »

Hello
It shut down by it self after 1-2 minutes of boot (no windows installed) since it was bricked (bios) i took it to repair shop he flashed a new bios but i noticed thats not the version i was using mine was newer and the latest i think because it was a new interface of msi bios not aptio
My current version is E1763IMS.51D ami aptio (the installed one before i dont know which of versions exactly)
Ec version 1763EMS1 ver 7.13
Vbios last updated
You've already owned the latest version of BIOS of your model (E1763IMS.51D).
To check your ec version, go to BIOS > Main > System Information and you'll see the version being listed at the first section.
(To go to BIOS, after you power on the laptop and see the MSI logo, hit the "Delete" key several times to get to the BIOS menu.)
If the ec version you see is 1763EMS1.5xx, the latest ec for your laptop is 1763EMS1.517
If the ec version you see is 1763EMS1.7xx, the latest ec for your laptop is 1763EMS1.717

Is that the reason of restart
> Was the problem fixed after the repair shop helped you update BIOS? (btw was that an authorized store from MSI?)

I dont think its over heated processor
I used ultimate boot cd memtest and cpu says max 73c temp
> Not only overheating can cause a laptop to shut down. It's hard to tell unless there's enough information.

Is that may the reason of shutdown(not same marketing model)
> what do you mean by "not same marketing model"

Is it safe to install the same  E1763IMS.51D but for my laptop model gt70 2pe instead of gt70 20c
> E1763IMS.51D is already the latest BIOS of your model.

Also is it safe while it shutdown after 1 and some seconds (will it shutdown during update?)
> after 1 and some seconds of what? during what update?

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 25-June-19, 02:22:34 »

https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/gt70-2pe-dominator-pro

looks complicated
Inot alot but not updated versions for the models as i undersood from penknnig reply

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #5 on: 25-June-19, 02:25:50 »

Go into the Device Manager and if there is an update for the BIOS it will be there (Possibly).
Often the bios is newer using this method as MSI is really relaxed about updating the website.
You current bios might be the repair install version, IDK, you can ask support.
Device is not entering windows i cant install windows since it shut down in 1 minute and few seconds
Yes they are relaxed
I tried to submit a web ticket but not available in my country as i read from forum users
Pages: [1]   Go Up