Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GE75 Raider - repasting CPU/GPU - Will it void warranty (Slovakia)?  (Read 252 times)

matus.kapusta20Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Hello. 
Firstly, i'm sorry if this is the wrong section, or this question has been asked 1000 times over, but if i try the search function it just never loads.
Now my question is, that i'm currently looking to buy a gaming laptop and it's either MSI or ASUS, but from what i've seen the thermals are just awful on those NBs without repasting, so i wanted to know if i would void my warranty if i opened it up and repasted it ? I'm living in Slovakia (it matters because ASUS USA told me that i can open it up and repaste meanwhile ASUS SVK told me that i will void my warranty smh).
Thank you.

RaiderGamer

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL

the sticker on bottom is to protect buyer from seller tampering

but i guess you should still phone them and ask for your area

in canada i can open machine without worry
Click Here to:    Download Windows 10     Reinstall Graphics Driver     Update Bios

WƧI ꓵƨԍʁ Էoʁnw

• MAJOR GENERAL

Hello.
Firstly, i'm sorry if this is the wrong section, or this question has been asked 1000 times over, but if i try the search function it just never loads.
Now my question is, that i'm currently looking to buy a gaming laptop and it's either MSI or ASUS, but from what i've seen the thermals are just awful on those NBs without repasting, so i wanted to know if i would void my warranty if i opened it up and repasted it ? I'm living in Slovakia (it matters because ASUS USA told me that i can open it up and repaste meanwhile ASUS SVK told me that i will void my warranty smh).
Thank you.
Repasting won't be necessary if you get a thick notebook, "Thin" notebooks are horrible for overheating and throttling, both thermal and voltage.
NO notebook manufacturer has the right to prevent you from opening your notebook and upgrading user components, such as SSD, HDD and RAM.
Repaste at your own risk, damage something and you have no warranty.

freeyh

• CAPTAIN

Contact your region's MSI service, the warranty policy is different from each region.
Just curious, which graphics card would you choose for your GE75? AFAIK, if you select the RTX2080 with the 8 Gen processor, the thermal module is more difficult to remove. Since one of the heatsinks would cross-over the RAM slots.

WƧI ꓵƨԍʁ Էoʁnw

• MAJOR GENERAL

Contact your region's MSI service, the warranty policy is different from each region.
Just curious, which graphics card would you choose for your GE75? AFAIK, if you select the RTX2080 with the 8 Gen processor, the thermal module is more difficult to remove. Since one of the heatsinks would cross-over the RAM slots.
IT IS NOT DIFFERENT FROM REGION TO REGION!
ACTUALLY READ WHERE THE MAIL CAME FROM.
THE RESPONSE CAME FROM MSI.COM
.COM IS GLOBAL NOT REGIONAL LIKE .CA OR .RU
STOP POSTING THINGS THAT WILL CONFUSE OR MISLEAD  PEOPLE.

Pages: [1]   Go Up