Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Advanced search    

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X58 Pro Dead?  (Read 231 times)

MACHETE!Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
X58 Pro Dead?
« on: 27-June-19, 21:21:16 »

Hello...

Well after years of faithful service I think my trusted X58 Pro has died. Just shut off with no warning the other night. Tried to restart and nothing, no lights, fans, nothing. Have tested my Corsair TX650 power supply and found it within specs. I did notice when plugging the 24 pin power back into the motherboard, I mistakenly didn't plug in the two 4 pin connectors for the CPU.

When I hit the power button on the board everything came back on, lights, fans etc. but nothing happened, no post beep, no error beeps, no monitor, nothing. I shut the system off and plugged the CPU power connectors back in. When trying to restart again the fans and lights come on for a split second and then turn off. Remove the CPU power connectors and the board lights up again with fans etc. but again the system won't post etc.

What do you think? Is the board history? How would I tell if it's the CPU?  TIA for any help/suggestions...

sunscreen

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
Re: X58 Pro Dead?
« Reply #1 on: 28-June-19, 04:42:12 »

It's not easy to find what is causing the problem.  Basically, you have to replace one part at a time to isolate the cause of the problem.
First, disconnect all unneeded hardware, such as WiFi, Network cards, PCI-e cards and even disk drives.
If that doesn't help, disconnect the PSU and try another PSU.
Check the capacitors on the motherboard, look for any electrolytic capacitors that are swollen, a usual sign that the motherboard has died.
Have you added any heavy loads to the system recently?
Any other changes before it died?

MACHETE!Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: X58 Pro Dead?
« Reply #2 on: 31-July-19, 18:55:39 »

Hello again... sorry for the long delay, got very busy and well, you know...

I tried your suggestions by removing everything, including and up to pulling the board out of the case, plugging in just the power supply and the system still won't power up. Tried a brand new power supply and same thing as described above, nothing. I don't see any swollen capacitors or smell anything. I frequently run BD-Rebuilder and haven't had any problems previous to the shutdown. The system has worked flawlessly for years.

I don't have the equipment to test the board, processor etc. so I went ahead and put together a new Ryzen system and I'm back in business. Thanks for your help/suggestions...
Pages: [1]   Go Up