Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to MSI. What are your dealings with support like?  (Read 247 times)

FooyTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-1

Hi all,

Just completed a new build and decided to go high end and custom with MSI gear and components. Splashed out on a MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio as the icing on the cake....

I did not want to sound neurotic as you all would have done it - post install, boot up, updates and register to find MSI needs a copy of the sales receipt uploaded.. Bit OTT maybe, but no biggy... except I could not find it from the retailer, in the trash I think. Again no big concern as I thought a note to Support could let me register. I received the reply below, not very flexible...

Thing is that since install till now the RTX 2080 Ti has been fine.. then before MSI reply.. Artifacting, like an old school Space Invaders wall paper... paranoia now as not only surfing and seeing its probably a hardware issue and not uncommon (cases going back a few years now).. I just had my first blue screens of death.... and still not registered as l cant get to that shop for at least a week.....

I am more curious to prepare myself for what could be a long turnaround for a new card.... Can you tell me what the company is like to deal with ... this hardware fault seems fairly common.. I switched my old GTX 1050 Ti into the new rig and its purring along same drive no issues... Hoping MSI own this issue and do a fast replacement... or am I dreaming?

sales receipt

Last Post: 2019-07-02 09:46:12, Create: 2019-07-01 16:11:46

Hi,

I also bought a RTX 8020 Ti X Trio card from the same retailer and I can not find my sales receipt to upload for registration.
 If I do not have this but have all the other details (S/N etc) can I still please register my products?
 I think it was thrown out with the unpacking of products.

Reply: 2019-07-02 09:12:20

Dear Customer,
 I'm glad to hear from you.
 Do you purchase this product on Internet?It is ok if you upload your order screenshots.
 If you don't have both,it may cannot register.
 You also can contact your retailer for help.
 Many thanks for your support.
 Wish you have a nice day.

Reply: 2019-07-02 09:46:12
 No I bought these at a shop, will have to go back to the store and ask for a copy...

I have never been asked to verify proof of purchase when registering.... does this mean i can not activate the warranty or access any support?

The products have S/N and identifier numbers which are unique and traceable... why the heck do i have to also upload a copy of the sales docket?

Honestly, it is now frustrating you won;t allow the products to be registered.... especially as your RTX 2080 Ti has just started some minor Artifacting on my monitor (like a space invaders wall paper)... Given the plethora of web post and cases of this card dying I have found.. and what seems fro this interaction MSI's non flexibility in its own guidelines I certainly hope my decision to back MSI does not turn my current frustration into regret....
MSI - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB GAMING X TRIO  
Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit
LG - UH12NS29 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer
Antec - HCG M 850 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Cooler Master - MasterCase MC600P ATX Mid Tower Case
Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Crucial - MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Kingston - HyperX Fury 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
Asus - PRIME Z390M-PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
Re: New to MSI. What are your dealings with support like?
« Reply #1 on: 03-July-19, 18:23:29 »

Hi

Proof of purchase is always required, whatever product you purchase and is not locked down to just MSI. Otherwise your warranty could have ended year ago, and we both know where this goes...
Surprising you didn't get anything with your purchase.
Also might be easier and quicker if you get seller to replace your card.
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

Errors are red, My screen is blue .I think I deleted, System32

FooyTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-1
Re: New to MSI. What are your dealings with support like?
« Reply #2 on: 04-July-19, 09:01:21 »

Ok, thanks fair enough.

I have already returned the card to the retail.... watch this space....

THX
MSI - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB GAMING X TRIO  
Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit
LG - UH12NS29 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer
Antec - HCG M 850 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Cooler Master - MasterCase MC600P ATX Mid Tower Case
Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Crucial - MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Kingston - HyperX Fury 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
Asus - PRIME Z390M-PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor