Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GV72 8RD Keyboard replacement  (Read 526 times)

ciprianmpTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
GV72 8RD Keyboard replacement
« on: 08-July-19, 10:47:59 »

Hello,

I spilled some wine over my brand new keyboard and, of course, the keys are sticky and typing almost impossible. I order a brand new original keyboard and contacted an authorized msi service center to have them replace my battery.
After they told me how much it would be and that the warranty will be void anyway (:censored:), I decided to replace it my own. I need a disassembly guide for how to make it safely to the keyboard, but I couldn't find a good guide. Does anyone know of a disassembly/assembly guide/resource for my MSI GV72 8RD please?
Thank you in advance!

WƧI ꓵƨԍʁ Էoʁnw

• MAJOR GENERAL
Re: GV72 8RD Keyboard replacement
« Reply #1 on: 08-July-19, 11:09:56 »

Hello,

I spilled some wine over my brand new keyboard and, of course, the keys are sticky and typing almost impossible. I order a brand new original keyboard and contacted an authorized msi service center to have them replace my battery.
After they told me how much it would be and that the warranty will be void anyway (:censored:), I decided to replace it my own. I need a disassembly guide for how to make it safely to the keyboard, but I couldn't find a good guide. Does anyone know of a disassembly/assembly guide/resource for my MSI GV72 8RD please?
Thank you in advance!
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20190708080740&SearchText=GV72+8RD
Use google for more sources .... it's not that hard to do, Is it?

ciprianmpTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 10-July-19, 16:04:15 »

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20190708080740&SearchText=GV72+8RD Use google for more sources .... it's not that hard to do, Is it?

Thank you for your effort, but I was not looking to buy a keyboard, I have bought it already. What I couldn't find was a disassembly guide of this specific model.
And yes, I do use google search a lot... :)

WƧI ꓵƨԍʁ Էoʁnw

• MAJOR GENERAL
« Reply #3 on: 11-July-19, 13:51:02 »

Thank you for your effort, but I was not looking to buy a keyboard, I have bought it already. What I couldn't find was a disassembly guide of this specific model.
And yes, I do use google search a lot... :)
Youtube.
GV/GL 72 same chassis, same teardown.
Can't find one, you will find the other.

ciprianmpTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 11-July-19, 14:56:15 »

Youtube.
GV/GL 72 same chassis, same teardown.
Can't find one, you will find the other.
Thank you, that should help! 

WƧI ꓵƨԍʁ Էoʁnw

• MAJOR GENERAL
« Reply #5 on: 12-July-19, 01:18:57 »

Pages: [1]   Go Up