Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Advanced search    

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X470 Gaming Plus latest BIOS issues  (Read 104 times)

s.johansson.itTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
X470 Gaming Plus latest BIOS issues
« on: 10-July-19, 00:41:14 »

Hello!

I have a R7 1800X at 4Ghz OC with Fractal Design Celsius S36 water cooling AiO and MSI Vega 64 with 32GB Corsair A-XMP memory at 3Ghz. 
Thus far everything's great. But I've had issues since the release of the latest BIOS. 

I loved the OC profile function and the GUI for fan configuration, both of which is gone, and I've had some irregular behavior coming from my SYS fans.
They aren't updating in real-time and I have had a small rise in CPU temperature since the update. 

The CPU is either reporting temperatures differently, more accurately or less, but whatever the case may be my CPU is clearly warmer during the same strain, configuration, voltage and clock speed I used before.
I updated the BIOS because I'm planning on upgrading processor later this year and thus far I have presumed that the recommendation to always update to the latest BIOS unless specifically deterred by MSI.

I am not that well informed on the possibility to downgrade, if it is a possibility at all. Also, I am hoping that it won't be something I need or aspire to be able to do but right now, judging purely from the loss of 
functionality in BIOS along with less attractive esthetics, that feels hard to achieve.

Is there an effective way to configure fan behavior that I am unaware of? Is the new BIOS containing known issues with regard to the above mentioned? 
Does anyone know what the explanation or motivation for significantly reducing available features, even minor ones like diagram overview hardware monitor?

If anyone with similar setup to mine have been afflicted by similar observations and know the answer to some of my questions, I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback that could help me understand, 
remedy or backtrack if any is needed. 

Thank you for your time, appreciate it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up