Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 8 hanging when booting.  (Read 236 times)

RedingtonTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Windows 8 hanging when booting.
« on: 05-September-19, 01:27:45 »

Hello everyone,,
I have a MSi GE620 that I bought about 18 months ago with Windows 7 preinstalled.

A few months ago I upgraded to Windows 8 64-bit using the download option, and everything seemed to work for a while. This evening however I noticed that the eject button for the DVD drive no longer worked so I figured I'd need to update everything and found and downloaded a Live Update utility from the MSI site and ran it. Sorry that I can't be precise about the file I downloaded, but I can't get back on that machine to check :(

I started working through the download / install options, and after (I think) the chipset update I followed instructions to reboot the machine. Unfortunately, I can't get it to boot properly again now.

When I power it on I get the Windows 8 logo, and the little circle, but it's basically hung. Sometimes I get the "preparing automatic repair" message - it seems to be random but whatever happens the machine simply hangs and I have to kill the power.

I've tried creating a Windows 8 bootable USB drive, but it hangs in the same way as if I boot from the hard drive.

I'm really stuck - can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

alexandru.seliman2389

• PRIVATE E-2
  • Desktop Gaming LENOVO Legion T530-28ICB
    • https://www.licente-jocuri.ro/
Re: Windows 8 hanging when booting.
« Reply #1 on: 02-October-19, 18:46:39 »

change it to windows 10 bro :worship: :idea:

MSI GTX 1050 TI 4G OC
Sirtec 650 B3 PSU Modular ( 650 watts )
Lenovo 36E7 Gaming motherboard
Intel Core Coffe Lake-S I5 8400 CPU