Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding PCI Express USB 3.0 Card for VR  (Read 281 times)

cagri87Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Adding PCI Express USB 3.0 Card for VR
« on: 14-July-19, 13:01:30 »

Hi,

I have an MSI Aegis 3 (https://www.msi.com/Desktop/Aegis-3) with a Geforce 1070 and it says VR Ready. However when I try to connect my newly bought Rift S, it does not recognize the device on any USB port.

When I tried the device on my brother's another brand gaming pc, VR device worked perfectly. I read that some motherboards and their USB ports do not work properly and people buy additional PCI-E USB 3.0 cards and solve their issues.

Since the device is working on another computer, it shows that the USB ports of my Aegis 3 are not working as USB 3.0s. When I check their specs I see them as USB 2.0, although their drivers are up to date (including motherboard)

Since my warranty is already over, I am planning to buy an additional PCI-E Usb 3.0 card, however when I look at the back of my Aegis, I am not really sure if I can add another card since there',s not much space.

Is it possible to add this USB 3.0 card to an Aegis 3? What'd be your suggestions? The card would be something like this: https://www.hepsiburada.com/alfais-al-4538-pci-e-express-4-port-usb-3-0-kart-p-HBV0000044MMJ

Thanks.

Mog

• AIO Moderator
Re: Adding PCI Express USB 3.0 Card for VR
« Reply #1 on: 17-July-19, 21:00:24 »

Hi Cagri87,

The Aegis 3 is proprietary motherboard inside, and it is not supported extra PCI-E slot for add-on PCI-E USB 3.0 cards. Aegis 3 (MS-B907) can supported USB 3.0 devices, so we suggest that connect front USB 3.1 ports or rear USB 3.1 ports (red color) and check it. To avoid driver or application incompatible issues, you can back up your personal data first and then try to recovery or clean reinstall the Operation System and test it again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up