Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battery Monitoring Software  (Read 386 times)

francis_lemieuxTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Battery Monitoring Software
« on: 12-August-19, 17:29:55 »

I have a GE63-8RGB Raider Laptop.

So I did a fresh install of Windows 10 due to a virus and got most things back to the way they were prior to the install. However, I noticed that in the past my laptop would charge to 100% and then discharge to 90% and cycle like that while plugged in. Now it is simply charging to 100% and staying there.

I would like to return to the old way in order to preserve my battery, any ideas how to accomplish this? Is there any other information I should provide?

sydneyblue203

• CAPTAIN
Re: Battery Monitoring Software
« Reply #1 on: 12-August-19, 18:17:53 »

perhaps something was causing it to draw power down to 90 % I would say you are fine the way it is as long as it is stopping charge at 100%
Im just a end user who wants to help people not get taken advantage of and hope to help with what i have learned to pass on info which could be helpful. I only play games and surf the web. I build my own computers. I also have taken apart my GT73 for a board flip because the morons at MSI thought putting a Single channel stick in a high end Laptop was a good idea smh
MSI GT73EVR 7RE TITAN  4.0 7820hk 1070 GTX Samsung 250GB NVME M.2 GSKILL RIPJAWS 2400Mhz 2x8GB

WƧI ꓵƨԍʁ Էoʁnw

• MAJOR GENERAL
« Reply #3 on: 12-August-19, 19:44:26 »

I have a GE63-8RGB Raider Laptop.

So I did a fresh install of Windows 10 due to a virus and got most things back to the way they were prior to the install. However, I noticed that in the past my laptop would charge to 100% and then discharge to 90% and cycle like that while plugged in. Now it is simply charging to 100% and staying there.

I would like to return to the old way in order to preserve my battery, any ideas how to accomplish this? Is there any other information I should provide?
Have you done the battery calibration?
It takes about 3hrs, best done overnight perhaps.
https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GE63-Raider-RGB-8RF#down-driver&Win10%2064
In Canada Call MSI @ 1-888-447-6564
Mon-Fri 5:00AM-4:00AM PST (Weekend and Holiday closed)
Note: RMA, Customer Service, Technical Support
Global 1-800 listings https://www.msi.com/page/hot-line

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 12-August-19, 19:58:13 »

I did the battery calibration from within the dragon centre application. I'll try downloading the stand alone version amd trying it.

WƧI ꓵƨԍʁ Էoʁnw

• MAJOR GENERAL
« Reply #5 on: 12-August-19, 21:49:08 »

I did the battery calibration from within the dragon centre application. I'll try downloading the stand alone version amd trying it.
In Canada Call MSI @ 1-888-447-6564
Mon-Fri 5:00AM-4:00AM PST (Weekend and Holiday closed)
Note: RMA, Customer Service, Technical Support
Global 1-800 listings https://www.msi.com/page/hot-line

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #6 on: 13-August-19, 16:54:38 »

So I ran the battery calibration from the Support page, and no luck. I'm still charging up to 100%. Does anyone know what the feature is called?
Pages: [1]   Go Up